My favourite job this week has been....

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Motherwoman
KG Regular

....pruning the huge grape vine at the holiday cottage.

I love this job, snip, snip, up the ladder. It covers a very stout pergola and I cut back to the horizontals tied along each bar. It was so satisfying to look at the finished job of neat runs of vine with stubbly little ends sticking up against a very blue sky!

MW
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear MW, this is a good topic.

Mine is a job at work, hope that counts.

Where i work on a Friday at the big house, i have finally finished cutting all the hedges and topiary, so now ready for another season.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Clive.
KG Regular

That reminds me. :( ...we have 2 sections of hedge top to finish from last years round.. :oops:

In a period of inclement weather last week, when all outside has turned to bog, I completed re potting the Pelargonium from dry state into fresh, just naturally damp, compost so they wake up refreshed.

Went to open the conservatory greenhouse this morning and waking up they are...so I felt good job done...and it cheered me up no end..as they were in a terrible state going in to Winter. We will loose a few yet, but they are looking better, after the greater than usual bout of grey mould as they were shutting down when it stayed so mild last back end I suspect.

Clive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic