2015 Big Allotment Challenge

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Elaine
KG Regular

"Fifty Shades of Green", perhaps ??? :wink:
Happy with my lot
Elaine
KG Regular

As for the competition result, I was a bit disappointed that Rob won, considering he didn't grow the specified carnation as per the criteria. I thought either of the other two finalists were more worthy winners.
Happy with my lot
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Yep, that was one of the reasons I found it an unexpected result, coupled with the fact he had never won over Thane on any of the make challenges.
Even I recognised they were border carnations when we first saw him planting them.

Seemed a very odd result, and I doubt it will be explained in next months KG issue interview

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
FelixLeiter
KG Regular

I watched this show for the first time on Friday. What a peculiar programme. I don't think I'll be watching the next series, if there is one. I was rather shocked by how poor the finalists were, made me glad that I missed the heats.
Allotment, but little achieved.
Westi
KG Regular

I think it was OK by the end as you get to know the contestants but I think they should do a points scoring type of thing so they all stay there as I think we miss out on some ideas & hints & tips, and the most obvious thing to me is they never judge the best plot.

I know they encourage the gardeners to grow a lot of flowers for the challenge but our allotment rules lean heavily toward vegetables & that number of flowers would not be allowed. The flower arranging bit doesn't appeal to me, I grow flowers, I cut them & pop then in a vase - they talk for themselves naturally not by clever arranging.

A bit the same on the cooking, get them all cooking something that you would take or make on an allotment, cocktails & canapes??? Allotment BBQ's, picnics, cake stall etc.

Westi (Always available if the BBC want to chat)! :D :D :D
Westi
Pa Snip
KG Regular

Some sound points and ideas there westi.
Worthy of sending to production company in fact

The danger when people start to believe their own publicity is that they often fall off their own ego.

At least travelling under the guise of the Pa Snip Enterprise gives me an excuse for appearing to be on another planet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic