PC problem -please can you help.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Beryl
KG Regular

Can any of you computer boffs out there tell me why all of a sudden I cannot sign into my account with Amazon. Internet Explorer closes 'owing to a problem' which it can't fix. I can sign in with Firefox. It only happens with Amazon and no other site. What is happening? it is driving me mad.

Beryl.
Monika
KG Regular

Beryl, you didn't by any chance respond to a very recent "phishing" email from amazon.com? It looked very authentic and asked for your password in order to verify your account. I realised that I usually deal with amazon.co.uk and therefore ignored it. Since then I have been told that it was, in fact, a hacker trying to get hold of personal details.
Beryl
KG Regular

No Monika, I have had several of those and they all go straight in the Spam box. That is something I am very well aware of.

Thanks for the thought.

Beryl.
Geoff
KG Regular

I'm not an IE user but I guess it has stored some dodgy data. Have you tried going in through In Private browsing (under Safety) - I don't think it uses anything stored. If that works it is a matter of cleaning out anything it has stored that refers to Amazon, I'll hand that on to an IE user.
Beryl
KG Regular

Yes Geoff I've tried Private browsing too but many thanks.

May have to resort to getting my computer man out in the end.

Beryl.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic