Where is everybody?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Diane
KG Regular

I've been on holiday for a week to sunny Spain. Only got 10 mosquito bites this year :shock:

This morning I've been trying to find out what's killing my lovely fuchsia plants (see my post in the disease section).

Also it's weird how the grass in the lawn seems to grow twice as quickly when you're away.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Primrose
KG Regular

Today returned from a week's holiday. The first thing I always do is go out , look at the the garden and look at the vegetable growing beds. And my only thought when I looked at my two :courgette plants was "OMG. jusr how msny stuffed marrows can the average person eat before they start losing the wil to live............ :lol: :lol:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I'm still here........ :) It has been quiet, hasn't it Alan!!!!!!
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
alan refail
KG Regular

oldherbaceous wrote:I'm still here........ :) It has been quiet, hasn't it Alan!!!!!!

It surely has!
I know you are always here. Perhaps I should have said where is everybody else :wink:
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Bren
KG Regular

Just back from a lovely weeks holiday in sunny Seaton Devon, what a change in Seaton I did a summer season job there at a holiday camp in 1951, where the camp was is now a big tesco's super market.

My son took me to the lottie today, picked 12 lbs of tomatoes lots of r/beans put alot of the big ones on the compost , carrots are trying to get to OZ, every thing very dry as had no water for 10 days.
peter
KG Regular

Barrowful of squash retrieved from rapidly shrivelling plants and now in greenhouse to cure.

Yesterday was a double header at my rugby club, four matches between 3pm and 7pm. Bar I help staff did pretty well out in the sunshine and the 1sts & 4ths won.

Before that been a bit busy sorting a replacement for our poor Renault Modus. It's power steering died last Saturday and on Monday, two hours after I'd booked it into local dealer for diagnostic computer, my mother in law decided to drive through the drivers side front wing from behind while parking to visit my wife. :roll:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

That's awfully bad show Peter.....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

Your mother in law is going to have to be awfully nice to you for the nexr few years! I'd be mortified if I did that to somebody else's car.
Monika
KG Regular

We have been busy in the garden and on the allotment, making the most of this dry weather to get as much as possible cleared and started the autumn digging!!

This afternoon, I dug two large beds at home and emptied two compost bins of beautiful black home-made compost onto them for the worms to take down. And all the time, a lovely robin, now fully red-chested again, accompanied me.
robo
KG Regular

Her who knows everthing is with myself in spain for a couple more weeks
Catherine
KG Regular

I have been having a computer holiday as in not using it much.

We've been away for 10 days in Shropshire in June and four nights in August same place in Shropshire, and seven days for my birthday in a small village near Lydney Gloucestershire (the details said it was in the Cotswolds) our cottage overlooked the River Severn. No internet so really nice, No rain in any holiday this year so that must be a first.

Now back to work and working on the allotment to get it ready for winter. But I am back now as I have missed keeping up to date with what everybody was doing. :D
Elaine
KG Regular

I'm still here...check in every day. :)
Happy with my lot
retropants
KG Regular

I'm still here too, I prefer to check in here than do real work at my dayjob :)
Arnie
KG Regular

Hi

I look in most days :) but don't post as much as I should :( also just got back from break in York :D

Regards

Arnie :wink:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic