apparently I`m mad

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

seedling
KG Regular

Thought I`d let you know that my son has officially described me as a "mad woman" (does make a change from "nag" though).
I was talking to my seedlings(like you do) which are growing in my bedroom and he came rushing in saying "stop it. Stop right now" I asked why and he said "your talking to plants that makes you a mad woman" Didnt like to tell him that giving birth to him 16 years ago had already sealed my fate.
Anyway I dont think I`m mad - just excited and a little bit addicted to growing things.
Chantal
KG Regular

You're not alone chuck, I've talked to my plants for years, long before Prince Charles made it popular. I also know for a fact that a good many people on this forum natter away to theirs on a regular basis. :lol:

Thanks for your help yesterday by the way, it was MUCH appreciated. :D I'm spending today in the greenhouses potting up chillies and tomatoes etc. I've been doing this for about 4 hours so far and no end in sight! :shock:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
jopsy
KG Regular

Don't 16 year olds think their parents are mad regardless of their hobbies?
I'm sure my daughter thinks I am mad and she's only 1! :lol:
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

My 2 older children think i'm a tree hugging hippie,me 2 younger love hugging trees with me,and taking presents of stones and shells to the tree fairy :D and no funny comments off the tart or piglet please.
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
lizzie
KG Regular

Grock, i've known you too many years, there's nothing that can shock me about you anymore :shock:
Lots of love

Lizzie
richard p
KG Regular

talking to the plants is the only way i can get a sensible conversation without an argument in this house :P
lizzie
KG Regular

Mine too. At least the plants don't have a hairy one, chuck toys out of prams or become hormonal.
Lots of love

Lizzie
Tigger
KG Regular

I'm with the Danish on this one - they hang stones with holes in them from trees as that makes them magic trees. They also hang the odd coin with a hole in the trees too (good job they have them as currency then!!). The magic trees have stories written about them.

Every time we go there we collect up stones with holes and bring them back to hang in our trees, along with a few coins. As I also talk to my plants, I'm officially barmy. I'm in good company though..........
Chantal
KG Regular

I have lots of stones with holes in them in my garden, would you like some Tigger? Or do they have to be Danish?
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
Pol
KG Regular

Well that's interesting. We have lots of holes with stones round, collected on every trip to our local stoney beaches - it's an addiction, we can't help looking for them. The are all hanging in one of our apple trees, didn't know that makes it magic! I think we will have to split them up and share them amongst all our other trees. We have about half an acre of wood so we can make a magic wood. It's already a magical space - full of wild life of all sorts, the stones will make it official!
Polly :D
Dancing serves no necessary purpose.
jopsy
KG Regular

ooh i might do that to a tree at school the children would love it!
we believe in magic!
"Happiness is the sense that one matters"
lizzie
KG Regular

I think that's a great idea. Especially for the little ones. You could have story time under the trees, add a few wind chimes etc. Fantastic.

Can I come? I promise to be very good.

My daughter thinks i'm weired. She's 16. She wanted to go to Glastonbury next year so I said i'd come. She said no so I relied "It's probably not a good idea Sian, you'll cramp my style!!".

She's still disgusted at me from when I saw U2 last June. I was dancing with this bloke for 2 and a hlaf hours and I never caught his name. Sian thought I was bad mannered for not asking, but I couldn't have heard him anyway! We were too busy moshing, singing and him giving me a cuddle when "my songs" were sung live.
Oh rock and roll baby. A night to remember :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie

of course the trees are magic,have you ever found ribbons and hair tied too them,its us witchie people making wishes. :D
lizzie
KG Regular

That's true. Haven't done that for some time. Maybe I should and who knows what may happen
Lots of love

Lizzie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic