An unexpected find in my trousers! (U classification)

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

If anyone else had posted this I would suspect they were having us on.
But it is true, I can vouch for that.

This morning our cat Tomos brought in a mouse and lost it. After moving furniture we found it, but she refused to catch it, just played with it till it escaped to the kitchen. After more poking around I finally found it again, and again she just chased it without catching it. I lost sight of it and suspected it had run up my trouser leg. But shaking my leg produced no mouse so I assumed it was hiding again. I went out into the field to feed the hens and ducks and must have been walking around for a good quarter hour. I little later I went to the lavatory and before sitting down I caught sight of something moving in the water. Turned out to be the mouse which must have fallen out the back of my trousers and was desperately trying to climb out up the side of the bowl. I eventually caught it and removed it to outside.

It must have been an extremely careful mouse, or I am getting insensitive in the trouser region :roll: :roll:
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Afternoon Alan, i'm saying nothing, but a wonderful story, but i bet the mouse will be mentally scared for life..... :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Arnie
KG Regular

:shock: :shock: :shock: :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards

Arnie
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
retropants
KG Regular

holy moly! :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Arnie
KG Regular

Alan
Just had a thought :shock: You were very lucky it was only a mouse imagine if it had been a squirrel :lol: as they are always looking for nuts at this time of year :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Arnie :lol: :lol:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
retropants
KG Regular

Good grief! :shock:
Westi
KG Regular

Hmm - lucky mouse in more ways than one! :lol: :lol:

Westi
Westi
Diane
KG Regular

OMG! That image will remain in my brain forever more :oops:
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Is it the cut-backs Alan? Most use ferrets!! After a long day of typing minutes that was just the laugh I needed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Primrose
KG Regular

Goodness, that lottle mouse has had quite a adventure. I don't, know where it is now but hopefully it's tucked up in a quiet corner having the equivalent of a large mouse gin and tonic. But I'm amazed you didn't feel him moving. Perhaps the poor creature was frozen in terror.
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Thanks for sharing the experience with us Alan, it's perfect for, "You couldn't have made it up."

I've been smiling to myself with this image of you relieving yourself on top of the mouse, would you have rescued it ? :D
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
alan refail
KG Regular

It was rescued before I....
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

Such a gentleman. :D
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Catherine
KG Regular

Good job you didn't sit down on the sofa :roll: it would have been a smushed mouse, but you did make me laugh. Did you really let it out of the loo. :lol: You will have to speak to your cat about his ! mouse catching ability. More training me thinks :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic