Christmas Day.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Just to wish all of the lovely members, of our wonderful little forum, a most special and happy day.

We have got a two year old coming round for the day, so watching her face is going to be quite magical.

Let the feasting commence. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Parsons Jack
KG Regular

Hope everybody has a lovely day and gets all the presents that they wished for :D

Take extra care if you're out driving today. It's still chucking it down here :roll:
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
alan refail
KG Regular

Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Geoff
KG Regular

And a Merry Christmas from me too.
I trust you are all self sufficient in Christmas vegetables, lost count of how many different bits of home produce we'll have today. The sprouts of course have been gently simmering since September but there will be lots of roast veg and stuff from the fruit garden as well.
Clive.
KG Regular

In a little restorative works I've been putting 2 spades back into service this week.
So I'll be going to test them out in a while....one at a time. :wink:
..although the alternate second can be boot scraper, coat hanger...or robin perch.... :)

Happy Christmas.

Clive.
robo
KG Regular

Happy christmas to all , very heavey day is christmas in our family we will be starting off around 12 ish and finish sometime around 4 ish in the morning but we have a great day
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

And from me a happy Christmas to you all and huggies all around for all the help i've had. Sadly, the only produce on our Christmas table from our kitchen garden is lot's of lovely garlic to go in with the roasties.

I had hoped for some autumn planted cabbage but it's not looking good, as usual our exposed position has meant it rains mostly side ways and the electricity has already been off twice. Thank goodness for a calm Christmas day and no threat of supply cuts.

Fond regards.
Richard. :D
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
Monika
KG Regular

Have a lovely Christmas Day evening everybody! There were eight of us for dinner (or lunch as you folk might say) and all the vegetables parts were home-grown I am pleased to say: sprouts, kale, parsnips, potatoes, carrots, peas/broad beans/French beans (mixed) and the other bits like onions in the bread sauce etc.
All will be peace and quiet tonight with just a sandwich, I think!
peter
KG Regular

Was going well until Little Old Miss Dietary Indiscretion struck again.

Now upset and nervously waiting because Sally the dog is at the vets in her second hour of sedation having a whole apple removed from her oesophagus. At the age of 11 years 8 months you'd have hoped she'd have learnt to chew what she finds on the floor when out on a walk, instead of surreptitiously swallowing it whole.

Hoping the vets manage to get it all out and she suffers no ill effects from the experiences or the anaesthetic.

Muzzle on from now on outside our property.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Catherine
KG Regular

Merry Christmas to every one. We used our carrots, curly kale and peas with our evening meal tonight from the allotment. Will try something different next year.

We have been out walking for the last two days, yesterday the wind was so strong that we registered 67 miles an hour on our anonameter! Then came the snow.

Today could not have been more different calm, cold again, peaceful sunny and a wonderful walk, though wet underfoot.
Westi
KG Regular

Hope Sally is OK Peter! Eek - hope she's insured - a Xmas day visit to the vets = £££££££!

Westi
Westi
Catherine
KG Regular

Yes hope Sally is okay too. Vets always = £££ but it does not matter when she is your pet. Keep us informed.
peter
KG Regular

After 4 hours of grappling about a third has been nibbled off and pulled up, about a third similarly nibbled off and gone past the sphincter into the stomach, leaving a flower end disc which wouldn't go either way.
So they've brought her round leaving this nibbled bit hoping it's roughened surface and her saliva will ease it into the stomach.
That or she'll puke it out as vomiting is more powerful than swallowing. :roll:

Hopefully we get her back tomorrow, if she's still distressed other options will be considered. She is able to walk but disorientated.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Peter, i do hope Sally sorts herself out, what a worry for you and all concerned.

Had a wonderful day with the family round yesterday. And the two year old lived up to expectations, not a tear all day and the complete star of the party, all smiles and giggles.

I did over eat just a little though. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Hope you all had a great day yesterday. I cooked for 10 and strangely enough do not fancy food at the moment... All done sober too as I can't drink the merry stuff.
Hope Sally is moving the rest of that apple soon Peter.

MW
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic