Wishing everyone a peaceful and safe Christmas

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

alan refail
KG Regular

With the weather warnings looking increasingly threatening, I wish all of you stay safe and free from damage. Take care.
Already on Saturday evening a mini tornado stripped the roof off farm buildings a mile away down the lane, ripped out a row of trees and left them blocking the road. And over the bay near Harlech and ancient oak woodland was decimated. Fingers crossed for the coming days.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning Alan, the weather does look a little worrying for some folk i must admit. Let's hope it passes over without too much mayhem.

While we are on the Christmas chat, something happened yesterday, that has left me feeling very sad, and also realize just how lucky i am to have so many wonderful family and friends around me. A friend of mine going back to my earliest days, called round yesterday, as he always does at this time of the year without fail. Anyway we sat ther chatting, and i saw him looking at all the Christmas cards, when he suddenly said, "do you know i have only got one Christmas card, and that was from you", i was completly lost for words as to what to say, i think i mumbled something like, they only collect dust anyway. He has got two brothers and a extented family from his deceased partners side of the family, which is is having Christmas lunch with, but to only get one card has really shook me.....
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Diane
KG Regular

That's very sad. If we knew his address maybe we could all send him New Years cards.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
The Mouse
KG Regular

Alan: I came on the forum just now specifically to see if you were still safe and sound in these gales. I hope they pass over without causing any more damage either for you or anyone else.

Oldherbaceous: Your story has made me sad. Thank goodness your friend at least has you to talk to sometimes. There must be far more people out there than we realise who have no close friends or family, and who must feel that more than ever at this time of year. That is one of the sad thing about modern life. :(
Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.
Mark Twain
alan refail
KG Regular

Thanks TM
It's not actually that wild here at the moment Worse rain is forecast for South and Mid Wales, as is so often the case.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Westi
KG Regular

At least they are saying Xmas Day & Boxing Day are going to be OK but will be of small consequence for some with this prelude on top of the rainfall we have already had. It's back again on Friday from the weather forecast!

Keep safe everyone!

Westi
Westi
Monika
KG Regular

Have a good time everybody and stay safe and in good health over the festive period and beyond!

We have family flying in tonight from abroad. Their departure was already delayed and I would think their flight might be quite colourful, too. Just hope they are permitted to land at the appointed airport!
peter
KG Regular

Double glazing panes 8'x4' in my 4th floor office visibly flexing circa 3pm, disconcerting standing talking to person A and seeing B & C seem to lurch towards each other as reflections in the window. :?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

That sure was a rough old night out there, we will be very lucky if there is no damage around.

peter
KG Regular

Only seen poor surface water drainage on the roads this morning.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Been round the village and cleared lots of branches and blown about items, from the slightly older residents of the village. No reports of any major damage around the village, thank goodness.

Arnie
KG Regular

Hi

We have missed the most of this weather thankfully :shock: must be rough on those who look like their going to have Christmas without any power :(

Regards

Arnie :wink:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
Parsons Jack
KG Regular

Hi all,

A Happy Christmas to everybody :D

It's been pretty rough down here, especially along the seafront.
A few fence panels and dustbins blowing about, but not too bad damagewise so far :)

I'm glad I got all the veg for Christmas from the plot on Sunday, as I didn't fancy going out this morning.

Up to London on Christmas Day for a few hours. Hopefully the M20 will be OK.
Cheers PJ.

I'm just off down the greenhouse. I won't be long...........
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Ooooops, blooming eck, since we have got quite a few guests round for dinner tomorrow, i thought i would run the hoover round for cook. Now i'm not the best at domestic duties, but i do try, anyhow i had the beater sweeper bit going, when it grabbed hold of the bathroom mat, tried eating it and bit a big chunk off the tassly bit round the outside.

I've trid disguising best i can, from cooks eyes.... :)

And i haven't even got a dog to lay the blame on.... :)

Arnie
KG Regular

Hi OH
I wonder what list cook will put on :shock: my money's on you making the Naughty list :lol: :lol: :lol: (again) :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Happy Christmas :) :)

Regards

Arnie :wink:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic