Not already......

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

haggis
KG Regular

It really feels like Autumn here today. Soft drizzle and very cool but most telling of all is that Autumn sort of smell in the air. The Scottish schools went back this week so despite it being August I can't help feeling that the summer is coming to an end for us. Not complaining though as we have had the best summer for years!
Lots of harvesting still to. The main crop potatoes are dying back now so may cut some of the haulms off this weekend and no doubt there will be a million more runner beans to pick. Isn't it amazing how the seasons came seem to change almost overnight?
Bren
KG Regular

I saw Christmas cards for sale in a shop yesterday when I went to buy a birthday card, Christmas is 4 months away.

Bren
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Nooo... I can't cope with Christmas yet! I suppose I should really sort out No.4 son's school clothes before it's all gone from the shops. :?

I really love the autumn days and getting things cleared and tidied on the plot. I suppose it's wiping away any failures and setting up the hope for next year. Gardening is great isn't it?

MW
Clive.
KG Regular

Cyclamen noted in flower under the Yew hedge that we were trimming today.

Clive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic