Missing you....

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

Johnboy and Tigger.

Hoping you're both ok amd wodering how;

Tigger's garden is doing.

Johnboy's tree project is coping with the summer.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

The list seems to be growing of missing long term members. Just the way of life i suppose.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Monika
KG Regular

I agree. Perhaps people are too busy gardening?

Have you noticed that there has been no mention of the Forum in the KG magazine for several months now? I think those in charge are trying to cut us off altogether ....... Shame.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Monika, i have indeed noticed, and i'm not amused......

alan refail
KG Regular

So many regulars have faded away :(

The thing I most miss is my early morning check on the forum; there used to be so many interesting posts to respond to or even argue with. Now there is so often hardly anything new at all. The forum has been fading away for a while now and my fear is that it will disappear altogether.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Alan, do you mean i might end up posting to myself! :)

Now that would be scary..... :wink:

vegpatchmum
KG Regular

It could just be that the bad weather last year and the dreadful start to this one has disheartened a lot of new or novice growers and they haven't bothered this year.

Or maybe the cold start to this season did so much damage to seedlings and young plants, that many haven't bothered resowing this year,

Or it could be that, like me, there is so much to do following this prolonged heatwave (although it's been much cooler here over the weekend) there hasn't been time to post anything ;)

I keep popping in but I don't always have time or the energy to respond to posts, unless I can, hopefully, be of help :oops: :wink:

VPM
x
Diane
KG Regular

I'm still here - been busy pottering - and raising poultry. Nothing exciting has happened really - but I always log on every day. My current project is trying to grow ginger from a sprouted piece I found in the back of the fridge. Also, looking after my newly hatched frizzle chicks.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Westi
KG Regular

I also suppose as it is so few of us on here now anyone logging on might think it was a 'private' forum and be a bit intimidated. Maybe the mag needs to do a drive to attract new members.

I always thought 'an ask the expert' forum would be good - people post a question on the forum & the expert of the week chooses to answer a few & others chip in as their knowledge allows! Diane's chicken knowledge would support another fowl 'expert' etc. These then could be put in the mag.

Westi (Expert in nought - but opinion on everything!) :D

PS: I'm thinking OH might be the expert on 'being cheeky' or 'climbing clock towers' :D :D :D Doesn't fit a garden forum though!xx
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Westi, as i was reading through your post, i was wondering what i could be an expert in, then i got to the end of your post.......

I suppose it was so obvious really.... :) you do make me smile... :)

Arnie
KG Regular

Hi Everyone :)

I am guilty of not posting as much as should but I do read everybody's posting, just don't seem to get the time to sit down and reply which is so frustrating :(
I seem to remember a while back we used to set a date and everyone would log on and chat about nothing & everything perhaps we should set a date for sometime in the future :)
Anyone got any idea's 8)

Regards

Arnie :wink:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
John
KG Regular

Still look in every few days but haven't posted much recently.

John
Last edited by John on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Catherine
KG Regular

I'm still here. Just very busy trying to keep the garden and allotment alive. I check in regularly but don't seem to have time to reply to people. Will promis to try harder. I have a question to ask about my tomatoes which I will post later as I have to dash..... :(
retropants
KG Regular

I am still here too! I read a lot, then get istracted by multidude other things that I need to do, so I rarely get to reply. This also happens on a couple of other forums I am a member of!
glallotments
KG Regular

Must admit I only pop over now and again. To be honest I haven't seem very much that I want to comment on. I spend a lot of time writing for my blog and reading other people's blogs and commenting and replying to comments made there.

The difference is that this is more like reading (or writing) a magazine article and being able to join in with the topic. A sort of two way magazine article.

Of course time is limited at this time of year especially in this weather - lots to do outside.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic