Allium White Rot management

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

AmyLeBlanc
KG Regular

I found the Kitchen Garden Reader Forum while doing some reading/research about using biostimulation to manage Allium White Rot. A gentleman was using this method and commented about it in a post … I'd like any feedback answering some questions: is there a real problem with White Rot in England? Is biostimulation being done commonly? Are there other techniques that are working?

We have earned two SARE (Sustainable Agriculture, Research, and Education) grants from the USDA to study biostimulation for small producers, using a typical 4-year rotation. The first lab results showed a definite reduction in the presence of the pathogen, but we'll be doing three more to even out variables.

Again any and all feedback and suggestions will be appreciated!

Amy
Flanjamin
KG Regular

Hi Amy

You may want to check the strand "organic treatment for allium white rot" that is running at the moment (Assuming you haven't done so already!)

Flan
AmyLeBlanc
KG Regular

Thanks! I did the Chatter first to introduce the subject and then went to the thread …am hoping for replies!

Amy
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic