Progress on the new Lottie

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Piglet6
KG Regular

Well, we've cleared LOADS of top-weeds, and dug out quite a lot of the perennials. Hubby has dug the edge after we decided where it was!! I've begun digging over, after digging up a load of couch grass on the plot. We've had 2 trips to the tip with the trailer full of weeds.

It's looking a whole lot better. It actually looks like somebody 'lives' there now.

Hubby told me that tomorrow evening's weather would be ok, but I've checked the BBC website and it says rain, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'd love to share a photo every now. Anyone know how to do this please?
vegpatchmum
KG Regular

Hi Piglet6,

Glad you've had some fun up at your allotment :D

As for images: click on 'new reply' to open the text box;

Scroll down the page beneath the box until you see 'Filename' (it isn't far);

Click 'Browse' which opens a new window to your computer files and then just work back through your computer files until you get to where you stashed your photo(s);

Click on the photo you want to load and then click 'open

Your file window will then shut and you will see the file location now showing next to 'Browse'. Below this is a box titled 'File comment' and next to that is a button 'Add the file'. Click this button and the file will upload.

Once uploaded a new box will appear under the text box marked 'Attachments' and the name of your photo will be in the box. Next to it you will see another button 'Place inline'.

NB: Neither the attachment box nor the 'Place inline' button are visible until AFTER you have uploaded the image.

You must make sure the cursor is in the spot where you want your photo to appear in the text BEFORE you click this button or it'll slot it in at the top.

Once the cursor is in place then click 'Place inline' and, if all goes well, your picture should appear :)

HTH and is straightforward for you. Looking forward to seeing pics :)

VPM
x

PS I always reduce the size of my pics before uploading or they tend to be a bit big.
Piglet6
KG Regular

Hi VPM, thanks for the info. It says my photos are too large too. I don't know how to reduce them though :(
vegpatchmum
KG Regular

You'll have to reduce them on your computer I guess.

On our machine, if we right click on a photo, a drop down menu pops up and 'Edit' is one of the options but that's because we have photo editing software installed. Clicking 'Edit' automatically opens our editing software.

We also have the standard 'Paint' editing software as well. Clicking on a picture from our files will open it in the viewer and in the top right of the window is the option to 'edit' and we can choose either paint.net (our preferred editing software) or Paint. Pictures can be resized in both.

I don't know about photos stored online though, as we don't use any of those sites at all.

HTH

VPM
x
Piglet6
KG Regular

Piccies - one of the plot when I first got it and one of ehat it looks like so far:-
Attachments
file.jpeg
file.jpeg (248.27 KiB) Viewed 5603 times
pigletafter.jpg
pigletafter.jpg (123.25 KiB) Viewed 5603 times
Piglet6
KG Regular

Sorry, still getting to grips with posting photos!! Middle photo is just a copy of the first photo. The bottom photo is what it looks like so far.
Wicky
KG Regular

Great progress Piglet :)
Westi
KG Regular

You've done loads! Protect your back though!

Westi
Westi
Geoff
KG Regular

Did you inherit all the kit at the top end as well - looks like some useful stuff - or is it another plot.
Weeds mainly look like vigorous annuals so might be fertile. Keep up the good work!
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well done to both of you, and as an added bonus, it's nice to see you have well looked after plots either side of you, too.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Piglet6
KG Regular

Hmmm, I'm sure there was a duplicate photo there last night. Oh well! :roll:

This top half (nearest) is mine. There is a string across the plot at the half-way point, which is directly behind the wooden compost bin on the right-hand side of the picture.

Oh yes, we're being very careful with our backs. I dig a bit - not too big fork-fulls - and then 'admire a bit'. hehe.

All of the occupied plots (which is all but 2) look beautiful. It is certainly something to aspire to!

I was sure rain was forecast yesterday evening, so had planned a busy evening indoors getting some stuff done, but it turned out to be a beautiful evening!!! Bah!! Still, we toddled off to measure up.

My half-plot is 70.83 m2. Taking off the compost bin area, I have 69.03 m2 of useable space.
peter
KG Regular

Piglet6 wrote:Hmmm, I'm sure there was a duplicate photo there last night. Oh well! :roll:

If you look you'll see that you post got edited. :oops:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Piglet6
KG Regular

Cheers Peter :wink:

Spent an hour up there tonight, only stopping when it began raining, and got plenty of digging & weeding done. More digging in store for tomorrow evening too.
Urban Fox
KG Regular

piglet6 wrote:We've had 2 trips to the tip with the trailer full of weeds.

noooooooo - compost it - return it back to the soil.

Christina
Piglet6
KG Regular

Sorry Urban Fox. *hangs head in shame*

There were a lot of perennials though. And one of the bags was mostly full of wet, stinky, rotting sludge that the last tenant left (not nice compost at all).

Plus, I was too impatient to wait for such a large amount to compost down.

I'll go and sit on the naughty step. :cry:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic