Long time no see

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Motherwoman
KG Regular

I was sitting at home feeling bored so I thought I'd have a look at Kitchen Garden forum The line at the top tells me that I haven't been on this site since August 2010 and you're all still here! Going strong on the plots and probably on your second sheds by now. It must be all the fruit and veg... Are we all still talking about black plastic mulch, how to pollinate courgettes and the state of peat free compost? Just want to hit the ground running!
Westi
KG Regular

Oh yeah MW - same topics same problems! But you've got some catching up 2 do - got a load of new forum members who are creating their vege patches in some remarkable spots - & I for one are learning from their hardships!

Welcome Back - if you're not been on here for that long you've probably got a wealth of knowledge learnt from experience to share with us all!

Westi
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

It's always nice to see old members back on the forum.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Motherwoman
KG Regular

I certainly remember you Old Herbaceous and Johnboy... who was the other fella that Johnboy had exciting discussions with?
Nice to see lots of new members keeping veggie growing on the up. I used to be a professional in the world of horticulture and it was so long ago that my certificate was produced by the Board of Agriculture and it says I'm a Craftsman as they didn't have them with woman on :? !! I gave up horticulture as a profession when the knees started to object in a major way but still enjoy my allotment and garden. In fact I'm feeling a bit smug this year as having a plot at the top of a sloping site has always been a disadvantage with regard to toiling up the hill with manure etc but at least I'm not in the wet bit...

I will start to ease myself back into things and hopefully join in the conversations more.
Diane
KG Regular

Welcome back..... :D
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
retropants
KG Regular

hello MW, I've just popped back after a lengthy absence! it's nice to be back isn't it!
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Motherwoman,
The other guy was Allan Day who has since sadly departed to the great garden in the sky. I still miss him. In truth we were very good friends.
Very glad to see your return.
Sincerely,
JB.
Primrose
KG Regular

Nice to see you back. The more the merrier on here. We need some extra voices for a chat when it's pouring with rain like today and we can't get on with anything outside!
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Hi Johnboy,

Sad to hear he's gone. No doubt Allan will be giving whoever's in charge a bit of stick about how to grow the heavenly produce.

Lousy weather today, was that spring we had earlier in the week do you think :?:

MW
peter
KG Regular

No, it was probably summer. :(
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
richard p
KG Regular

i havnt been about for a while either.... popped in for a quick read once in a while... but not had anything useful to post....though i guess some would say i never have....nice to see some of the old rogues are still here.
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Oh No! next winter is going to be here on Sunday. You're right that was summer on Wednesday and tomorrow is late autumn...
Westi
KG Regular

Isn't Mother Nature so annoying! :)

Westi
Westi
Catherine
KG Regular

Welcome back after a long time MN. I have also been missing for quite some months due to ill health, but I am going to try harder to keep checking and try harder to post.

Snow here tomorrow, going to a family party with my MIL driving, :shock: not far to go, 1.5 miles but if it snows she will not drive and we will have to walk, which is not a problem to us but she wont be able to go to the party. :(
Motherwoman
KG Regular

Hi Catherine,

It's just getting back in the habit isn't it? I've put it on my favorites bar just to make sure I click regularly!

Good luck getting to the party. The snow is supposed to be getting to us in the early hours of Monday morning down here.

Motherwoman
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic