First Day of Spring?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Beryl
KG Regular

Of all the things in summer
The joy and comfort they bring
But when a man sits on a tin tack
Tis the sign of an early spring!!

Beryl.
Colin Miles
KG Regular

Our Wildlife Trust do an 'Early Signs of Spring' walk around mid-Feb. For the past 2 years there have been precious few early signs. Indeed the only thing we managed this year were a couple of Elf Cups. Looking at the forecast we might get a brief spell of milder weather in the middle of next week, then its back to cold - again. Still hasn't reached 10C here this year and with an average temp just over 2C not surprising that even the grass isn't growing. Even the Sun is quiet with precious few Sun Spots. And it is supposed to be a Solar Max!
peter
KG Regular

Snowdrops are out nicely here & the blackbirds have started singing in the morning. :D
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Primrose
KG Regular

Snowdrops here & lots of daffodils around our village just waiting for some sun to burst into bloom. But I never really think it's quite spring until I get my first batch of frogspawn. Didn't get any last year so wait with bated breath.
Jude
KG Regular

Absolutely glorious day here. Wall to wall sunshine this morning and now just a few fluffy white clouds. Snowdrops and crocus looking lovely, tete a tete daffs just starting to open.
I am officially out of hibernation :D
Jude

There are more questions than answers.
FelixLeiter
KG Regular

I hear a lark,
I see a swallow.
A hosepipe ban,
Is sure to follow.
Allotment, but little achieved.
Beryl
KG Regular

Oh Felix, just when I was beginning to feel a bit more chirpy to.

Beryl.
Colin Miles
KG Regular

Well after my first dismal post - it was very grey - the Sun emerged and this afternoon I actually did some gardening. Growbags bought for the Toms in the greenhouse, last Parsnips dug up, started cleaning the algae off the greenhouse - amazing how much lighter it is - and moved the chitting potatoes to the greenhouse to warm them up a bit! Maybe tomorrow, just maybe actually sow something - well, indoors and in the greenhouse.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic