Definitely a little lighter each day

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Colin_M
KG Regular

The last week or so, hasn't it been great to see a bit of light in the sky around 7'ish and it still being light on the way home from work?

Meanwhile, whilst I haven't done much for 2013 yet, it feels like progress to have some Banana shallot seedlings coming up plus the First Earlies with a few tentative shoots appearing in their indoor grow sacs.

Better enjoy this feeling now - I'm sure we'll all be far too busy by March (not far off now)
Colin Miles
KG Regular

Hi Colin - Still haven't done anything. Light snow flurry an hour or so ago - very fine indicating very cold air up above. Last 6 months have been below average temps and only 2 of the last 14 above average. Last month when the snow was starting to appear there was a suggestion that we might be in similar conditions to 1963. Fortunately the cold weather hasn't collided with the wet westerlies - yet.
Monika
KG Regular

Just for the record, Colin and Colin: since the winter solstice on December, we have gained about an hour's light in the morning and one and a half hours in the evening, so two and a half hours' more light since Christmas! Can't be bad, eh?
Westi
KG Regular

Wow Monika - that much since Xmas! Definately liking it - but far too cold to take full advantage of it from a growing sense but is nice to see what the dogs are up to on their evening walk & being able to avoid the muddy bits! :)

Westi
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

The lighter mornings will mean less sleep for me, so that's a downside. I like to sleep with the curtains open and tend to wake when the light levels increase Don,t know about everybody else but am sure I get better quality sleep in the winter when it,s darker for longer......and colder!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic