I've just noticed

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

retropants
KG Regular

that nobody has posted anything today, so I thought I'd start the ball rolling!

what have you got planned for the plot this weekend?
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Retropants, looking at the weather, it will either be canoeing or snowboarding. :)

But i am going to try and get a lttle digging done early tomorrow before it starts. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Monika
KG Regular

After a beautifully sunny day today, albeit with a sneaky NW wind, I was hoping to continue cleaning out our rose hedge and wild garden tomorrow, but, seeing the weather forecast, I don't think I will be able to! And Sunday looks even more snowy.

So, if the weather is ok for walking but not gardening, I might just wander into our town for a coffee, always a good stroll of about 3 miles there and back.

But if it is really horrid, I will continue to knit little baby jackets which I do for a maternity unit where my grandson's partner works as midwife.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I did far too much yesterday, so I'm having a couple of days off. It's funny how some days you seem to get lots done and others, even if you intend to do allsorts you end up getting nothing done.

I cleaned out the cockatiels' cage, cleaned out the hen hut, cleaned and tidied out the top greenhouse and re-potted the peach tree and then finished off by moving the last few barrow loads of manure and washing and brushing the path clean, so quite a good day. Oh and I did an hour trying to learn a bit more Estonian from the Memrise website that someone here recommended. It is really good, but if I don't do some every week I forget it all again.

If it is dry this weekend I might get the chainsaw out and hopefully lure my son into having a go with it on the conifer hedge.
retropants
KG Regular

seriously lacking mojo after last weeks mad organising .....not sure what the weather holds for the thames valley, but it is cold, that is for sure.

I might go and buy the seed potatoes, so that my folks don't buy something weird and wonderful that won't be any use to us. I think charlotte and cara perhaps.

I have some clearing to do in the front driveway - overgrown ivy and everyone else's rubbish that seems to accumulate and congregate in front of my car (yuk). I live on a main road and the general populus seems to think it is perfectly acceptable to throw their empty KFC boxes and crisp bags over my garden wall, even though there is a bin by the bus stop 10 yds away.
vegpatchmum
KG Regular

Urmmmmm, welllllllll, looking at the forecast my patch may well be under a few inches of snow so guess I wont be up to much in the garden this weekend.

However, yesterday I sowed my tomatoes, chillies, leeks and cabbages, along with marigolds and sweet peas which are now all sitting snug and warm in windowsill propagators in the dinning room :)

VPM
x
Diane
KG Regular

I have mowed the lawn...and now expecting snow. Tomorrow I'll muck out the chickens and play with the baby chicks, if chicken mum will let me. Clean out the budgies, make a cake, stuff some peppers (having friends over and hoping to do a "Delia". Make a salad. Hoover. Wash floor. Heel in the roses that have just arrived in the post. Have a little drinky..maybe two..wake up when guests arrive and hope they will then sort themselves out as I will be much too pooped to do anything else. That's ok though...they know where the kitchen is :D
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Flanjamin
KG Regular

Having been nice all week it's raining tomorrow! Still I will be watching the rugby so it's better if the weathers awful outside - I don't feel bad then! And the OH has been busy on the plot all week.
Beryl
KG Regular

Lovely day here so I got on and turned my shed out. All ready for getting some preservative on but with the forcast and yet more rain over the week-end don't think it is very likely. Back to the arm chair gardening I think.

Beryl.
Westi
KG Regular

Oh Diane - going to be wet down here so wash floor will be on re-wind! (Or maybe not - who is going to visit - OMG Mum-in-law!) :D ) Best get the Flash out!

Westi
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well, i managed to get three hours of digging done. Although it has been snowing constantly since i started. Quite annoying really, as it wasn't turning over too badly.

At least it will give the old back a rest.... :)

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Well i've just managed to get another 30 foot by 6 foot strip done, so i now feel quite satisfied. :) This bit was a little bit heavier going, as it was one of my newer plots, so the soil is on the heavier side thus making it a little stickier.

vegpatchmum
KG Regular

Goodness me OH, I feel exhausted just reading your posts :D

Snow hasn't arrived yet and so went down to the greenhouses to see how my overwintering things are doing.

The half dead miniature rose I got in an end of season sale at the end of summer, is looking remarkable perky now (it's amazing how a bit of TLC can revive a 'to far gone' plant) and so I decided to move it into a bigger pot with fresh compost ........ make that bigger pots :) Turns out the rose is actually two individual plants, so an even bigger bargain when you consider it only cost me 50p to start with :D

Also watered all my strawberry runners which my 8 year old and I dug out and potted up late last year. They are all looking healthy so that'll be another 40 strawberry plants to find homes for shortly.

VPM
x
Clive.
KG Regular

Your catching me up with the digging Old H'...as I have a bit more at home here to do yet..although I did manage a bit after work the other day...it being light enough..and I was home on time for once in a long, long time......

Clive.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Evening Clive, i've still got one section to do, that is 30 foot by 24 foot and another that is 40 foot by 20 foot, so still a little to do yet.

And as for the gardens i do for work, well, i'm just miles behind...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic