An optimistic, (Very Early Spring), Bits and bobs.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Right, no blaming me if this turns out horribly wrong..... :)

Although i did manage to get a little digging done over the allotment this afternoon, when i had finished work, so not all's bad.
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Westi
KG Regular

I'm with you OH! I don't know how this is going to turn out but always been an optimist...fingers crossed! Dug a bed, cut back hedgerow, got propagtors set up - ready & raring to go but.... 8) The light is not good enough though is it :?: When is the next sunny day??

Westi
Westi
Clive.
KG Regular

There'll be snow by morning...... :wink:

Clive.
Catherine
KG Regular

You should be so lucky OH. I walked up to the allotment today as still not driving after having a general anaesthetic on Tuesday and still not feeling altogether right. We have a lock on the gate to stop dog walkers using our track to walk their dogs. It does not look like it is working as there was dog poo on each of the paths on to our plot.

We have had heavy rain and hail again today and the PT is flooded in one corner, the raised beds are flooded and the paths are beyond a joke.

We are going to have to put even more drains in this year.

Today I have been sorting all my seeds into monthly planting boxes. I have three plastic boxes and I have monthly dividers and I put all the seeds in the monthly planting sections so I know when to plant. If they are able to be planted more than one month then I move them into the next month. Works well for me.
Clive.
KG Regular

Covering of snow this morning and it looks not nice out there at all....

Clive.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Morning Clive, maybe it will brighten to reveal a gloriuosly sunny day. :)

Clive.
KG Regular

I do hope so....but I have just heard on the radio about another band of snow and a cold Northerly wind.
Roads said to be not good around here this morning.

The last 2 Mondays have been really get on with it days...then it seems to go downhill after that...

Clive.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Who mentioned snow? Woke up to 3 inches of snow and a blizzard!

At least I can have a rest from moving the remainder of my 2 tons of manure from the end of the path as I can't see it.
Shallot Man
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING. As someone who can not get manure delivered, wish you wouldn't keep boasting about it. :( :( :( :(
vegpatchmum
KG Regular

Got to love and optimist :D

Light covering of snow here this morning, Very, very cold and icy. However, the sun is shining. Trying not to think about the next wave of 'wintery' weather forecast to be coming our way :)

VPM
x
Monika
KG Regular

Thank you, OH. And, like I said on the other thread, things are moving the right way - just have patience, folks.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

You're welcome Monika, but i have just come back from work and it is now snowing heavily, you've got to smile though. :)

robo
KG Regular

very cold hail stone and sleet here, i have arranged to pick up a second hand shed i got on flee-bay,needed for the chickens, i don't think i could have picked a worst day, on the brighter side there where 5 eggs waiting for me thats gone from 1 a day to 5 today in just over one week
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

Hi Shallotman , I've been trying to find a source of good well rotted manure for ages now since my regular farmer retired and sold the farm off for housing and a smallholding charity thing that just plays at farming. So, it is great to get some delivered rather than having to drive 4 miles for some well rotted horse manure that I have to bag up myself.

The main snag is that the cow manure is much wetter and heavier than the horse manure so very hard work to move. Still only about 4 barrowloads left to move :D
vegpatchmum
KG Regular

Just back from pot washing with the school gardening club - well the first 6 members of it. The next group get there chance to get wet (but not very thank goodness) and very cold later in the week.

They seemed to enjoy it and we managed 46 pots out of 400 or so ;)

Trying to warm up now and then on with the housework.

VPM
x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic