New Gardening Prog.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Beryl
KG Regular

I received an email from Charlotte O’Rourke of BBC2 asking if I would spread the word about a new gardening prog. Below is a copy of the poster she included if anyone is interested.

Beryl.

DO YOU GROW YOUR OWN FRUIT,
VEG AND FLOWERS AND DO YOU
KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THEM?
ARE YOU THE COMPLETE KITCHEN GARDENER?
We are looking for pairs who have the skills and the dedication to compete to be the nation's best kitchen gardener. Someone who can cultivate the perfect carrot, make their green tomatoes into award winning chutney and turn their dahlias and sweet peas into floral arrangements fit for a Queen.
If you have the skills to compete and are interested in featuring in our series, please contact
[email protected]
or call
0207 907 3433
for an application form.
The deadline for applications is 9am on the 8th of March 2013.
Calls to this number will be charged at your local rate, mobiles may vary. Silver River Productions will use any information provided by you only for the purposes of selecting participants for the programme and will only share information with the broadcaster and any independent contractors involved in the programme. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to answer all applicants individually.
Westi
KG Regular

Oops not in this house - we are a pair but only one of us is dedicated! :D

Westi
Westi
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

And somehow i don't think my growing would do Cooks cooking, justice. :twisted: :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I was just wondering what sort of pairs they were looking for - are they assuming that one person gardens and the other cooks?

Or, one that does everything because the other hasn't a clue and can't follow instructions but is allowed to move heavy things and do a bit of digging?
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Trust it will be a better program than the last one on the box, which must have put off a few newcomers.
Johnboy
KG Regular

Come on now Westi,
You are both dedicated the only difference between you is direction! :wink:
JB.
FelixLeiter
KG Regular

Well, I don't come as a pair, and these days I'm a fairly incomplete gardener. As a programme idea, something tells me that they're not exactly onto something with it.
Allotment, but little achieved.
Westi
KG Regular

JB - the direction is opposite too right! Watched me cutting back hedgerow on weekend & only pointed out ones I missed..(too thick for my shears) bit the same with beds - 'there's a spot in the garlic where one didn't come up' ! Cheers Mr Westi!

Well not going on this programme then! :D (But then again they only try to film the worst of you, not the best - that's what they do now isn't it?)

Westi
Westi
BBC2gardeningshow
KG Regular

Hi Guys!

Were looking for any groups of pairs - you can both be really knowledgeable - or one more than the other, or only really have a passion for it - the main thing is that you a confident and have enough skills that over 6 months on a allotment that we give you you'd be able to grow fruit/flowers/veg .

Were looking for 8 pairs all across the country - so please do get in touch with any questions that you might have.

[email protected]

Best wishes,

Charlotte
Westi
KG Regular

Dear Charlotte

There isn't enough bleeps even in the BBC to delete my response to his helpful suggestions! :D Look forward to watching the show when finished though. Best of luck - but seriously - this is probably the forum to be on to get serious gardening couples who struggle on regardless!

Westi x
Westi
Flanjamin
KG Regular

How will this work? If you're such a keen veg grower you will already have a plot (and if your haven't got one may be feeling a bit too rusty to go on telly to show off your skills), then you've got to disappear to this provided allotment (where is it? Is it all on one site or spread across the nation?) every week to 'do the tv'. One plot or the other will suffer!Veg plots in April/May need constant attention, so if it is 150 miles away from you your plot will look rubbish compared to that of someone who lives just down the road. Not sure this has been thought through.

I assume this will have the usual reality TV element of competition, 'jeopardy', contrived fallings out between contestants (or not contrived as the production team will choose people for their ability to get on each others nerves rather than any technical skill). And my OH wonders why I spend so much time reading rather than watching telly these days?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic