Allotments - priceless.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Beryl
KG Regular

This is absolutely pricesless in todays Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... airs-.html

ALLOTMENTS:

If you want an allotment, then it's important to take a lot of exercise, get plenty of sleep and eat your five-a-day. This is to ensure you're still alive when you get to the front of the waiting list.

Once you've finally got your allotment, the routine of growing vegetables can really start - otherwise known as sitting around drinking cider in the potting shed with the other allotment holders

Beryl.
robo
KG Regular

i had my name down for over 5 years before i had the offer of one, then i find out the one ive got plus at least 2 others have been unused for over 12 years, the other 2 are still un touched although they have been allocated, one of them, the guy who it was given to said he had a back injury and was waiting for some one to turn it over for him, that was in october he is still waiting
Flanjamin
KG Regular

I recently moved to Dorset and rented a cottage, and started looking around for an allotment. Then my other half discovered a veg garden that came with the house, that the letting agent didn't know about! It's a bit overgrown but the soil seems good, it has water, fences and its south facing too!
Westi
KG Regular

OMG Beryl - I don't like Cider...eeek!

Westi
Westi
Beryl
KG Regular

What made me laugh Westi was the fact you need to get fit to take on an allotment. Not the other way round.
Anyone would think we had time to sit around drinking what ever your favourite tipple.

Beryl.
Westi
KG Regular

Yep Beryl - someone at work only remembers the drinking on their lottie not the growing..we have evolved - we actually like the growing aspect!

I'm reackoning the author of that piece was one of them - not us! :)

Westi
Westi
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic