E U Referendum

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

farmer jon
KG Regular

If the promised day arrives & we finally vote to get out of the EU for good . will this mean the end of the systematic annihilation of our remaining stocks of pesticides/herbicides , or will the faceless beancounters from MAFF have been so brainwashed by the brussels brigade that they continue the process & in doing so push our agriculture/horticulture industries ever nearer to being wiped out completely ?.
broad ing man
KG Regular

We are stuck in a twango, we are not officially part of the united states of Europe, yet a vast majority of our rules are Marstrichted away, behind unellected corridoors.

Bilderbergers like the Romans of old are experts at putting on circuses and handing out someone elses bread, a true leader of his people need not ask for permission, mearly ask his people at any time, night or day what they really want, and not worry about an answer, any answer.
alan refail
KG Regular

All seems a bit academic, doesn't it? There won't be any sort of referendum in the next parliament since the coalition will lose to Labour, if it doesn't fall apart before then over this very issue.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Shallot Man
KG Regular

The cynic in me says that our Dave has come up with this wheeze to get us to vote for him at the next election. Now if he had said I am going to start negotiating NOW ! My problem is that after some 59 yrs of never missing voting, council or general election. I have come to the conclusion there is nothing between any of the party's. They all know the answer in opposition. And none of them have lived, and worked been sacked in the real world. Anyway it doesn't make any difference now. Successive governments have given away our powers to an unelected,unsackable, non-tax paying mafia. Stalin must be laughing his head off. Feel sorry for my Grandchildren though. :| :|
glallotments
KG Regular

His statement just leaves the country in a state of uncertainty in what is already a poor economic state.

We don't know what he wants to negotiate.

No-one has ever set out the pros and cons of being in the EU - some things are bad but there are good points in it's favour too. We can't vote for what we don't fully understand.

Why make a statement about something you intend to do in another five years time? Mr C has the unfortunate habit of just saying what he thinks people want to hear.
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I just wonder what they are trying to divert out attention from by bringing this up again.
broad ing man
KG Regular

PLUMPUDDING wrote:I just wonder what they are trying to divert out attention from by bringing this up again.

Lets say they are all from the same kind of mind school, part of a coallition, another universe that think we all owe them a living. Of course they all know what's good for us rigjt?
What we see is what they want us to see, very similar patterns are now emmerging like those of an ever empiricle nature just before new beginning, religions and phases change over.
first one needs to know where all rule stems from, what drives us towards war instead of stabilty, these sovrein crises seemingly have no beginnings and no end.

Here is one explanation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YVt56bFOs8

Of course there are many other distraction to an obvious sollution, like the green movement, where the followers of pollitical fashion, don't realise its all pure fantacy, the greens have been said to be the only party that are too yellow to admit they are really reds.

First one must try temoving themselves from a system as to hold their own referendum, if you cannot, then how on earth can anyone remove a larger entity.

Today we are awash with information, but have lost our true knowledge, forgot who we truly are.
broad ing man
KG Regular

Shallot Man wrote:The cynic in me says that our Dave has come up with this wheeze to get us to vote for him at the next election. Now if he had said I am going to start negotiating NOW ! My problem is that after some 59 yrs of never missing voting, council or general election. I have come to the conclusion there is nothing between any of the party's. They all know the answer in opposition. And none of them have lived, and worked been sacked in the real world. Anyway it doesn't make any difference now. Successive governments have given away our powers to an unelected,unsackable, non-tax paying mafia. Stalin must be laughing his head off. Feel sorry for my Grandchildren though. :| :|

It is not yet a forgone conclusion.
robo
KG Regular

glallotments wrote:His statement just leaves the country in a state of uncertainty in what is already a poor economic state.

We don't know what he wants to negotiate.

No-one has ever set out the pros and cons of being in the EU - some things are bad but there are good points in it's favour too. We can't vote for what we don't fully understand.

Why make a statement about something you intend to do in another five years time? Mr C has the unfortunate habit of just saying what he thinks people want to hear.

i
totaly agree with glallotments he is quite simply taking the public eye away from the econemy
broad ing man
KG Regular

Thirty Facts You Should Know About The EU (taken from the book 'England Our England' by Vernon Coleman)

1. The phrase European Economic Community was invented by Nazi Hermann Goerring. The phrase United States of Europe was invented by Adolf Hitler. (page 122).

2. Not one citizen in any of the 15 nations in the E.U. has ever been asked if they wanted to join the E.U. (page 15).

3. Every English taxpayer pays £450 a year for membership of the E.U. For every £1 England receives from the E.U. the English taxpayer must hand over £4.15 to the E.U. (page 19).

4. Joining the euro will cost every Englishman, Englishwoman and English child £650 in hard cash. (page 25)

5. Corrupt E.U. staff are immune from prosecution. (page 27)

6. Fraud costs the E.U. between £4 and £8 billion a year. (page 28).

7. The E.U. is planning a chemical testing programme which will involve pointlessly torturing and killing 50 million animals. The programme will be partly paid for with money contributed by English taxpayers. (page 28)

8. More than half of the world's most useful inventions since 1945 were made by Englishmen and Englishwomen. (page 29)

9. The European Union will shortly ban the sale of effective vitamin therapies (much to the delight and profit of large drug companies). (page 32)

10. The E.U. now takes precedence over the Queen of England and the Government is rewriting oaths of allegiance. Policemen, members of the armed forces and civil servants will swear oaths of allegiance to the E.U. (page 33)

11. The E.U. wants to ban political parties which disapprove of the E.U. (page 33)

12. The Labour Government is trying to abolish trial by jury in England. They are doing this because the E.U. has told them they must. (page 35)

13. Members of Europol (Europe's new official police force) are armed and `immune from the law'. (page 35)

14. The E.U. spends £600 million a year telling English university students the value of England being part of the E.U. (page 36)

15. The E.U. banned firemen's' poles in English fire stations because bureaucrats in Brussels were worried that firemen might hurt themselves. The bureaucrats also felt that the poles might pose a hazard to blind and disabled firemen. (page 39)

16. The Labour Government's Regional Assemblies will mean the end of England. (page 39)

17. As a result of E.U. policies the average English family has to pay an extra £1,000 a year on food. (page 47)

18. The E.U. keeps files on people who might one day be suspected of doing something contrary to E.U. law. The E.U. keeps at least 56 different types of information about each suspect (including racial origins, religion and political affiliations). If you're reading this the chances are that Big Brother is watching you. (Page 47)

19. England has over £600 billion invested in pension savings - and has unfunded pension liabilities of £4,000 per head. But if England joins the euro English pension debts will rise to £30,000 a head. If we join the E.U. our pension savings will be handed over to the E.U. and shared out among E.U. countries whose citizens have not saved enough. England will have to take on part of the E.U.'s £1,200 billion pension debt. Your pension will be in peril. (Page 49)

20. England's oil reserves are worth over £250 billion. The E.U. now regards those reserves as a `shared E.U. resource'. (page 50)

21. The Government has handed England's £32 billion worth of gold and dollar reserves over to the E.U. (page 52)

22. The number of laws created by the E.U.'s bureaucrats in Brussels far exceeds the number of laws passed by England's parliament in its first 700 years. (page 64)

23. Duty free sales were abolished to make the E.U. look like one big country. (page 65).

24. The European Court of Justice now has the authority to overturn laws made by the English parliament, and verdicts delivered by English courts. European courts and laws now take precedence over English courts and laws. (page 73)

25. If the E.U. has its way (and it will) the England cricket, football and rugby teams will disappear. (page 82)

26. The European Commission President wants to create an inner core of `fewer than 10' unelected, unaccountable vice presidents who will run the new Eurostate. (page 87)

27. The E.U. spends over £1 billion a year supporting the production of poor quality tobacco - which is too poisonous for sale in the E.U. but which must be `dumped' on undeveloped countries. Many Greek, Spanish and French farmers exist on these tobacco grants. (page 88)

28. The new E.U. army of 60,000 soldiers will soon replace the English army. The English army (and its traditions) will disappear. (page 97)

29. Every new E.U. law, directive and regulation must be translated into each of 11 official E.U. languages. By the year 2004 the E.U. will have 21 official languages and the E.U. will have to find tens of thousands of skilled and honest interpreters able to translate Estonian into Polish, Czech into Maltese, Dutch into Hungarian etc etc. There will be 420 possible interpreting combinations. The E.U. will become even more unwieldy than it already is. (page 121)

30. It will soon be illegal for England to withdraw from the E.U. If we join the euro it will be impossible to leave.

This was written over ten years ago. Here is what they wre saying today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/colum ... pe-us.html

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=bM2Ql3wO ... OGcU&gl=GB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoBG5DdIca4
alan refail
KG Regular

Thirty Facts You Should Know About The EU (taken from the book 'England Our England' by Vernon Coleman)

Just as much UKIP-style codswallop now as it was 10 years ago!

And what's with the "England" stuff? England is not a member of the EU - the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is. Can't get that fact correct what's the worth of all the rest?
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
broad ing man
KG Regular

alan refail wrote:

Just as much UKIP-style codswallop now as it was 10 years ago!

And what's with the "England" stuff? England is not a member of the EU - the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is. Can't get that fact correct what's the worth of all the rest?

I am fully aware of how farage and his third party thinks and still trust no pollotician, that called for the troops to be out on the streets during the London riots, never did. There are places and names, but the land on which we stand is the same place.

The rest of my post is of concern however, that part is correct, because it's happening.

When we change to decimal currency, is when we ceased being an independent and when we took on Hong Kong our labours were bred out, these entities deal in millenia, not yesterday's rag.

Life in The City, within a city unlikely to change, no matter what, their paymaster stays the same.
glallotments
KG Regular

This is an example of what I mean when I have said in previous posts that we only are ever given one side of an argument.

I'd be more impressed if an argument was set out in balanced for and against terms of proven facts!
broad ing man
KG Regular

glallotments wrote:This is an example of what I mean when I have said in previous posts that we only are ever given one side of an argument.

I'd be more impressed if an argument was set out in balanced for and against terms of proven facts!

I agree, but provent facts are like yesterday's newspapers, after the acts, if history tells us one thing, it tells us that we never learn from what true history tells us.

Not the history that the victors write.
robo
KG Regular

we had a vote in the 1970s whether we wanted to be in or out thats why we are in
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic