Girls - need more time for gardening ?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Happymouse
KG Regular

If you need to get your house under control to enjoy more time in your garden www.flylady.net is brilliant and free. I find it difficult to stay indoors. If the sun is out - I want to be out too ! Flylady is training me to get my house in order and my husband has noticed quite a few improvements already.
Beccy
KG Regular

If housework is stopping you doing anything you want to do you need to get your priorities right, lower your standards and train your house mates better.
Tigger
KG Regular

I'll leave a note for the cleaner.
lizzie
KG Regular

Housework doesn't bother me. If it's not done then fine. I'd rather be doing something else :twisted:
Lots of love

Lizzie
Jenny Green
KG Regular

Errr...what's housework?
peter
KG Regular

On the basis that my wife refuses to have anything to do with the garden or allotment, other than to criticise or complain about, time/money/effort spent or not spent then I try to have nothing to do with the housework. :lol:

Sometimes I succeed. :evil:

Regards, Peter.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Beccy
KG Regular

I've always taken the line that if you want to use it you have to do your share of cleaning it. No cleaning, no using, even blokes who bluster 'I'll just go outside then' tend to change their minds when it gets cold :twisted: .
Chantal
KG Regular

I was at the lottie yesterday and received a text message from my beloved. It was a photo of him holding a sign saying "IRON MY SHIRT". :lol: :lol: :lol: I do iron his bloody shirts usually, but not yesterday. I made him do his own as punishment for his insolence; once I'd stopped laughing.

Tim has this theory that all the publicity about more women taking up alloments is missing the real point that all the men are having to fend for themselves whilst we're gardening and wishes to campaign on behalf of neglected husbands. I told him if we were married he'd have more chance of some shed of credibility.

We actually are very happy with the arrangement of me going to the lottie, him playing golf and our cleaner doing the cleaning. Who could ask for more
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
fuchsia
KG Regular

just checked out the link and its had me in stitches
there is a bit that says this

' Nothing makes you smile in the morning like being greeted with a shining sink and FlyLady beaming up at you. '
well I roared
thanks for that
Fuchsia x :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chantal
KG Regular

I've read about this woman in the Telegraph and as I recall her first rule of good housekeeping is cleaning your sink until it shines. :D I've got better things to do with my life, sorry girls. :lol:
Chantal

fuchsia
KG Regular

Mines normally my potting Bench Ha ha still shines though when I have cleaned the compost out of it
Fuchsia
mandylew
KG Regular

I've signed up, I really do struggle with the whole housekeeping lark, I guess my heart just isn't in it, whereas I never miss a planting/sowing date and my husband is always remarking that the allotment is tidyer than the house, but I cant complain about him not helping, he's the babysitter every weekend!

thanks happimouse
Chantal
KG Regular

I think the title says it all... Don't go there, you'll all be clones of some mad American woman, polishing your sinks and ignoring your allotments!
Chantal

Tigger
KG Regular

I've got a picture that states 'only dull women have immaculate houses' (just to let people know what to expect).
seedling
KG Regular

I like to think that, if you spend more time on your allotment, then you have less time in your house to make a mess.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic