Chantal - I got a lulu too!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Jude
KG Regular

Made myself a brillo 'personal space' today using Aldi brushwood screening and 4 stout posts, carefully positioned behind compost heaps in space in front of row of old redcurrant bushes. It's even got a door reinforced with bamboo canes that actually shuts itself due to slight slope!
An elegant stucture if I do say so myself.
I am calling it my 'Honolulu' and as such it has been duly christened!
Jude

There are more questions than answers.
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Quality Jude, and so more dignified than a see through pikey tent. :twisted:

No wonder Chanters like planting by the "full moon" :twisted: :twisted: :shock:
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Chantal
KG Regular

It sounds brilliant Jude, well done. :D I could only do this if I could take it down each time I leave the plot as we're "not allowed permanent structures over 1m". I must say the brushwood sounds a good screen though. Perhaps I could build something like that, 1m high, and park my tent inside it to avoid the see through problem.

Go away Piglet. :lol:
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
pigletwillie
KG Regular

Chantal, could you utilise some wicker screens or if you are making a big compost area like mine, make an extra "bay" for your lulu which would solve the transparancy issue and save the transport of your liquid gold as you would only need to chuck it into the next bay. :D
Kindest regards Piglet

"You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind".
Chantal
KG Regular

Thank you Piglet, that's a very good, and civil, suggestion. :D
Chantal

peter
KG Regular

Get the solar-powered pump and add it to Piglet's suggestion. :twisted:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Jude
KG Regular

Bought small bucket, suitable size for small daughter's bum - she loved it and used it twice within an hour, then insisted on doing the diluting and adding to compost heap herself. Promptly poured the lot over nice, newish lilac suede trainers.
Still, the 'Honolulu' has been visited and admired by 2 ladies today who have coyly admitted to have been in a similar predicament. I forsee a small village of ethnic edifices appearing on the site, the old traditional boys are going to love this!
Jude

There are more questions than answers.
Chantal
KG Regular

That's brilliant news Jude and on my site too there have been a few envious comments so who knows, a whole new trend may be out there. I'm off to my plot in half an hour as we have a skip coming today and we want to fill it before Joe Public kindly donates, washing machines, mattresses, 2CVs, you know the sort of thing. My Lulu will be very much needed as it's going to be a looooong day.
Chantal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic