5 days to go!

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Westi
KG Regular

Rumour on FB is that he was miming as well! Dementia maybe - can't remember the words :?:

Westi
Westi
alan refail
KG Regular

Olympics venues stuffed - Lord Coe

Q&A on why seats at Olympic venues are empty

Perhaps Coe could run races in his younger days, but he can't run Olympics!
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
John
KG Regular

Get down there, Alan. It looks as though they are going to flog them off at £5 each - that's what I call a real bargain.

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
John
KG Regular

Well its nearly over and I've enjoyed the whole show.
It looks as though the closing ceremony is going to be a 'celebration of 50 years of British music'. Yikes - another awful pop concert! All those ageing pop stars will no doubt we wheeled out again - Sir P Mc, Sir E J, Sir Cliff probably and the Spice Girls will be there. Don't they know when to retire gracefully? Many of the groups are also long past their SBD.

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Westi
KG Regular

But what's coming after them is so scary with the lack of talent. Just keep Macca & Elton away & might be OK. :)

Westi
Westi
peter
KG Regular

The ruddy Spice Girls mounted on London taxis equipped with a rear staircase and railed platform.

With any luck the drivers can be bribed to hang a left and hare off down the A12. :twisted:
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Westi
KG Regular

:D :D :D (But I do know the words to thier songs - any kindergarten kid does)

Westi
Westi
vegpatchmum
KG Regular

Lol. Could be worse! Could be Steps or SClub7 or, even worse than that ................................................................................................... the entire Stock Aitken and Waterman back catalogue :shock: :shock: :shock: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :lol:

VPM
x
peter
KG Regular

Waterloo Sunset & Our House, good choices, along with Stomp.& some talented acrobats.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

hzbzsz
KG Regular

Well there you all are now, it's over and done !

For my part, from 12000 miles away, CONGRATULATIONS !
We LOVED our Sydney Games, and hope you all loved your London ones.
It isn't just about any one part, any one medal, any one person,
it's about all joining in and creating something bigger than one
country/team/administration could do. A BIG endeavour !

My fave of the finale was Eric Idle and "the bright side of life",
just perfect !
"If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need." Cicero
peter
KG Regular

Yes indeed, a very British song, multi layered, sweet, ironic, wistful, silly, serious and downright singable. :D

Geoff
KG Regular

Definitely didn't get the message of the discordant start. Some bits were OK like Bright Side as above. But like other events recently there were too many geriatrics that should have been left in their rest homes, if you didn't know better you might have said the who? Having said that Brian May still played most of the opposition off the park. Expected closing fireworks.
All in all though a fantastic event. Liked the dedicated channels so I could watch what I wanted and avoid all the studio links and pre-prepared clap trap. Radio 5 was great when I was out and about in the garden. The Team GB success rate was just staggering (better not discuss Yorkshire's place in the medal table with being a Lancastrian).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic