Hello from the South Coast

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

2ofus
KG Regular

Hi everyone, I can't find a 'welcome place' but hope it's acceptable in this general discussion?
After browsing various topics here I think my wife and myself can learn a lot about gardening. Our main interest is growing herbs & veg in raised beds as 'getting on a bit' now (We remember when Steam-rollers mended the roads). :) I've recently made two 10'x3' raised bed cloches using polycarbonate sheet covered with insect proof fabric. Hope to send in a photo or two later.
Successful and happy gardening to you all from
2 of us :D :D
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

A very warm welcome to the both of you. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
peter
KG Regular

Welcome to the forum. :D
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
ashb
KG Regular

:) hello and welcome
ash
its nice to be important
but its more important to be nice
scooter 2008
vegpatchmum
KG Regular

Hello 2ofus, welcome aboard :D

VPM
x
Nature's Babe
KG Regular

Welcome to both of you. Dorset is a lovely area to live, hope your garden is surviving the rains we keep getting. :D
Sit down before a fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconcieved notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abyss nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.
By Thomas Huxley
http://www.wildrye.info/reserve/
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Welcome.
Redfox
KG Regular

Hello and welcome, :D
Diane
KG Regular

Hi there - welcome. I'm from Dorset too...and probably in the same age group. I remember when the milkman had a horse - and the horse knew all the customers' houses and would stop outside without being told.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Westi
KG Regular

Another local to you - on the coast near Bournemouth. Welcome! Just be assured you can post anything on here and someone will point you in the right direction or more than likely give you an answer straight away!

Westi
Westi
Monika
KG Regular

Welcome, Two of You! This is a very friendly forum without sniping or is very useful for any gardening question. Please make use of it - I have done for quite a few years.
2ofus
KG Regular

Thank you all for welcomes. :D
Hi Diane - and all that lovely hoss fertilizer shoveled off roads mostly unpolluted by motor traffic. :)
Hi Westi - We have lived near Poole since the mid 60's, previously West Midlands about 30 years.
Westi
KG Regular

I'd say we would share the same problems and could help each other out but we have a local weather pattern thanks to the IOW & the Purbecks! You are likely to be bathed in sunshine while we are being drowned (or vice versa) & only a few miles apart!

Let's just say if you can get a decent crop this year - look forward to the future and you will be swamped with produce to share - this is my worst in the 12 years I've had the allotment and if your read the posts you will see it is not that local!

Carry On & Garden!

Westi x
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic