Where are you on the global fat scale?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

AdeTheSpade
KG Regular

Uganda apparently! And well pleased to read that "I have a lower BMI than 88% of females aged 60-69 in your country" - welll I have just been dieting for the last 3 months and lost a stone :D
alan refail
KG Regular

Tried again after losing a couple of pounds and I'm now like someone from New Zealand.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Ricard with an H
KG Regular

I'm from Brazil and at a BMI of 24 i'm also in the UK and world minority which is scary.

I think I could do with loosing four inches from around my waist and whilst I don't have the classic blokes-belly I don't actually have a waist in the true sense of the word.

Sort-of, tube-like. If that makes sense.

Three years ago I completed an assessment at our local gym, I was involving myself in a recovery-program after hip-resurfacing. After filling in all the questions about life-style and completing all the weigh-ins and measuring's I was rated as being an example of only 3% of the male population in the UK of my age group.

Which basically means almost everyone is fat and lazy, as you can see i'm not comfy with politically-correct terminology. My view is that there is far to much media and otherwise acceptance of underweight and overweight.

I can shift my waist-line into the green zone if I rode my bike more often and perhaps went swimming but how much can I be expected to do in a day ? I'm active enough on a daily basis to get tired enough to be in bed after the six o'clock news and regularly go into low-blood-suger because I don't eat enough. Now I have to cut my drinking a couple of glasses of red with my evening food when five years ago it was the recommended Mediterranean diet to be aspired to.

It's all statistics, in my case I have two unproven cobalt-chrome hip resurfacings that are performing well but probably depositing cobalt-ions into my blood. No statistics for that though. Are the two glasses of daily red going to prove my demise ?

All us smug slim-and-healthy now need to worry because we are Slim on the outside but fat on the inside, can't win Eh ?
How are you supposed to start and maintain a healthy lifestyle if it completely removes a wine lover’s reason to live?
Richard.
alan refail
KG Regular

Just tried the test again and after 7 weeks on a 3 day a week diet losing 10 pounds I am most like someone from Hungary - how appropriate :wink:
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Geoff
KG Regular

Mike : if you back to the first post at the top of page 1 the link to the BBC still works, I quoted what it said when I put my details in but I've no idea about the basis or accuracy.
WestHamRon
KG Regular

I apparently have a BMI that is lower than over 90% of like males in the UK and lower than 56% of like males in the world.
All well and good.
Why does it then say, "If everyone had a BMI like yours it would add 4.5 million tonnes to the weight of the world ?

Sorry, blonde moment.
There are obviously millions of males that weigh a lot less.
Makes you think.
Primrose
KG Regular

It's good you've highlighted this at a time when obesity is becoming such an issue for this country and the NHS.
I've lost a few pounds recently so happy to say that I come up with a BMI of 23 which is slightly under average, matching me with somebody from East Timor.

I'll send the link to my husband to try but I bet he won't do it !! Will also send it tomy friends although I hazard a guess it might ensure my Christmas card receipts may be a little lower this year :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic