Canada green grass seed

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Happymouse
KG Regular

Is "Canada Green" grass seed any better than other grass seed ? Someone on the iVillage girls website mentions it
Deb P
KG Regular

I think the speed of germination of this variety is supposed to be its main advantage. I've always helped grass seed germinate quicker by refrigerating it for a couple of days before sowing,seems to work well.
vivie veg
KG Regular

I tried it many years ago when I converted the veg plot to a lawn for my daughter (then 3) to have a swing and other play things on.

Yes the grass grew really fast and very lush. However, it kept growing and growing and growing. In the height of summer it would grow so much from Sunday to Saturday that I could not use the mower on it and had to resort to a strimmer to cut it down, before I could tidy it up with the mower. Personally I think it contains a lot of Rye grass (or Canadian equivalent) and for Wales (wet and warm) I would suggest getting a grass mixture with no rye grass...unless you have a herd of cows to feed!

Just to add insult to injury my daughter rarely stayed here during the summer hols (visited Gran and her father after divorce) so the lawn was unused!

Now the lawn is back to a veg plot.
I don't suffer from insanity .... I enjoy it!

Vivianne
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic