lambs

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Geoff
KG Regular

That reminds me - must box up a root of mint and move it into the greenhouse. We buy our lamb from farmer ½ mile away, lovely stuff!
Arnie
KG Regular

Just love cold lamb :) :) :)

Arnie :wink:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
Johnboy
KG Regular

I'm right with you on that Arnie. Home baked bread and locally made butter and locally reared lamb with a very light sprinkle of salt and that is a marvellous lunch-time sandwich.
Strangely, although I like mint, I simple cannot abide mint sauce and instead have an onion and leak white sauce.
With the first picking of runner beans I have a chump chop with peas and new potatoes and the said sauce with super gravy. Of all the things I eat that ranks amongst the best. Some people, including one of my daughters,
simply cannot abide lamb and any cost.
JB.
tracie
KG Regular

Have you tried mint jelly, it is fab with cold in a sandwich with lamb
who needs the gym when you have an allotment
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi Tracie,
I must confess that I have not tried the mint jelly and my main reason for disliking mint sauce is because I do not like the vinegar. IMHO vinegar has no place where a roast dinner is concerned.
As I say I like mint and use masses during the year and I use cider vinegar with many things principally with my baked red cabbage but also with salad dressings with virgin olive oil and fresh herbs. I generally make enough for only a week and then it is always fresh (ish).
JB.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic