Car Wash

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Catherine
KG Regular

Today I have taken my car to a hand car wash for the first time. I normally do it myself. But I did not have time two weeks ago so I took it through the Morrisons car wash (TWICE) and it did not clean it properly the first time it did not wash the bottom quarter of the car. So I went and told them and they gave me another wash which still had the same problem.

Then I had to finish it at home.

Today I took it to an Asian hand car wash in the next town to us. They charge £3.00 for a wash and go. They rinsed first, then soaped then hand washed then rinsed then spray waxed then rinsed again. My Scienic looks brilliant. And you get a loyalty card so when you have had four washes you get a free one and after 8 washes you get a free mini valet. With a car and a van that wont take long.

I will never wash my car again on the drive :D I have to get the ladders out so I can reach the roof :( I get wet and cold and miserable) They worked so hard I was really impressed. And so polite..
Jude
KG Regular

Thoroughly agree Catherine. Though our local hand car wash costs a little more the service is excellent. I first took our black Mondeo on a very hot day and, because it was drying off so quickly in the heat, the 'boss' insisted on doing it again until he was happy with the finish. By the way (not that it matters, honestly) English not Asian.
Jude

There are more questions than answers.
jane E
KG Regular

We get a lot of East European people doing car washes in our area. I wondered if car washes are franchised. I admire the work ethic of those that do car washing because it is hard work, not very pleasant conditions and probably not highly paid. I sometimes wonder why English people out of work are not involved?
Shallot Man
KG Regular

Jane. E Ditto, they do inside and out for a tenner, with an air freshener thrown in. Superb job.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic