Snow

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Arnie
KG Regular

Hi all :D

I see the forecast for this week is for cold weather & Snow, its dry and bright but a touch chilly here, has anyone got the snow that's been forecast :shock:

Regards

Arnie :wink:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
Elaine
KG Regular

We had a very light dusting in the early hours and a bit of sleet just now. Fingers crossed that's all it will be...... :shock:
Happy with my lot
Diane
KG Regular

We had two seconds' worth of wet snow...that's all. 3 degrees and bloomin' dank and dark at the moment here in south Dorset.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Kleftiwallah
KG Regular

I'm all for a good hard frost, makes the ground easier to turn over and a lot less clarty. Cheers, Tony.
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Sleet this morning in Lincolnshire, but forecast is mainly dry but cold - cover up for Thursday morning though - hard frost due!
Saturday/ Sunday looks like we may get some Rain/Snow

KGAdmin
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

We've got ice with a dusting of frozen drizzle so I won't be doing any gardening today.
jane E
KG Regular

A slight dusting of icing sugar snow flakes here in east Leics this morning - much colder than of late.
Arnie
KG Regular

Hi

Heavy frost overnight, nice and bright sunshine this morning, but freezing, temperature just above 0 degrees, but the wind makes it feel a lot colder and no snow :(

Regards

Arnie :wink:
I've learned.... That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
Tigger2shoes
KG Regular

frozen puddles and frost but no snow in Cornwall...
Amazinly today while walking the dog I saw a butterfly ......
If I could of done it my way I would of done it by now .......
Tigger2shoes
KG Regular

Drove home at 3am it was -8 in my car .... Dog didnt seem to mind but my trousers had gone a bit stiff by time we got back in from her walk......
The cat has gone out but dont think it will be long before he is back in he likes to be warm....
If I could of done it my way I would of done it by now .......
Monika
KG Regular

It was minus 7 here last night and is supposed to get even colder tonight before the arrival of snow tomorrow afternoon. But the last three days have been gloriously sunny, really grand for walking fast! On Wednesday, I even shifted 12 wheelbarrow loads of compost on the allotment but since then it's been frozen too hard to dig.

Two of our resident hens (owned by our neighbour) have been taken by a fox early in the morning. To be quite frank, I am not too sorry because they have constantly escaped from their big field to dig up everybody else's gardens! We do miss them but not their antics!
donedigging
KG Regular

-8 this morning, car didn't get warm at all:-(
Extra t-shirt , tick :)
donedigging
peter
KG Regular

Going down with a cold, head boiling, feet freezing, shivering & sneezing. Want to enjoy some snow..... :(
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
alan refail
KG Regular

Snow? No! No snow. It's warming up here this morning in preparation for a return to rain.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
waltersplot
KG Regular

its hear snow just started in Herefordshire
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic