Allotment Brew

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Carole B.
KG Regular

Sheer Luxury!!! A friend of mine who had to give up her plot gave me her old primus burner and a kettle to go on it and now I can have a proper cuppa instead of thermos(yuk)tea,to make it perfect I shall have to take up my fav.mug from home,it has 'happy 30 something' on the side and I have had it quite a long time!
I can sit in my shed in my rocking chair(I kid you not!)tea in hand now,who knows I might take up 'whittling'!or possibly strumming on the banjo......
What's your tipple on the plot?
lizzie
KG Regular

Tea or hot chocolate for me please Carole. 2 sugars in the tea, none in the choccie!!!

There are people on our site who cook their Sunday lunch up there. Roast meat, spuds, veg, gravy and pudding. I kid you not, they really do!!!
Lots of love

Lizzie
Compo
KG Regular

There is something kinda good about boiling your own water, especially if you have whistling kettle. I keep tea and coffee in my shed, and some biscuits, am contemplating taking some snorkers and egg and bacon next time and have a cook up for me lunch, adding some home grown shallots and leeks for flavour. If I had a camp bed I would not need to go home!! Imagine the sight of me having a wash in my waterbutt, might get some complaints eh.
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
peterf
KG Regular

bloody hell,seen the posting and thought i was gunna get some tips on the other kind of home brewing.never mind :lol: :lol: :lol:
Chez
KG Regular

Well our choice of brew has all changed since a trip to New York at the end of last year. Hot spiced apple juice. Commonly on offer at various markets and in Central Park, this was to die for! Especially around the outdoor ice rinks. We now do our own version by steeping a cinnamon stick or two in apple juice (fresh is better than concentrate) and are now addicted. So much so, we are contemplating chilled apple juice with mint(?) for summer. We never bothered with apple juice at all before. Now the fridge is full of the stuff.
The cow is of the bovine ilk
One end is moo, the other, milk.
Carole B.
KG Regular

Sorry Peter I'm a booze-free zone now (my inards have stopped processing the stuff!)but I used to make a mean potato wine in my day!
Chez,that apple juice sounds really good,is it just cinnamon or do you put other spices in too?
Compo,our council would have a fit if they thought anyone was sleeping in their shed although I understand that in Germany whole families go and camp out for the weekend on their plots.
Chantal
KG Regular

Never mind sleeping in them,I just we could have sheds for a brew up. :(

Chez, that apple juice does sound good, could you post some details on Readers Recipes for us please?
Chantal

I know this corner of the earth, it smiles for me...
lizzie
KG Regular

That apple juice does sound gorgeous.

That's another one for me to have a bash at
Lots of love

Lizzie
Chez
KG Regular

Hot spice apple juice recipe now under 'Recipes'. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
The cow is of the bovine ilk
One end is moo, the other, milk.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic