Magazine ordering on line

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Mark
KG Regular

Has anyone else ordered this months kitchen Garden magazine on line?

This advert caught my eye on saturday!

Kitchen Garden
January 2006 - No.100

Order the current issue of Kitchen Garden and get TWO FREE packs of Fothergill seeds!
You will be given a random selection from: Basil, Spring Onion, Carrots or Tomatoes

Offer open until 31st December 2005

I thought what a good idea :idea:
That will save me a trip down to the news agent :!:

And free seeds to boot.

The said mag arrived today , but alas no free seeds, so I contacted Mortons Media Group by phone being told that I had come through to the wrong dept the nice lady gave me another number to ring :D . This time I was told single current issues were counted as back issues :? , given another number by another nice lady :lol: This time I came through to the right deptment , The third lady hadn't got a clue what I was taking about and made it more than obvious that I was taking up far to much of her time by being very short and impatient with me. She promises to send me the seeds by post and with a curt good bey and a very loud Huff :!: :!: :!: puts the phone down :x :cry:

Has any one else had this problem

Iain
KG Regular

Hello Mark,
I too ordered (online)and received the mag. but not the seeds. I've done nothing about it but I was considering emailing Mr Ott. (SteveOtt(at)mortons.co.uk) I THINK that's the address. If I start making phone calls I'd end up with expensive seeds, such are my telephone arrangements.
I think it's a poor show, I have to say, and it discourages me from placing the subscription I was contemplating.
peterf
KG Regular

it semms to me that this is the way our mag
is going,i thought it might have taken longer but it seems big brother has managed to get hold of us.at least you got to speak to a real person (for now),lets wait and see whats coming our way :twisted: peterf
nog
KG Regular

I also got my Magazine 3 days after I ordered it not the "next day" I was expecting and no seeds so I phoned the nice lady. I think that she was being boiled in a pot when I phoned. She couldn't have been more unhelpful.
Mark
KG Regular

Success :!:
The big bad stroppy Huffy woman did the Bizz. I had 3 yes thats 3 packs of seeds in the post this morning. If anyone else would like a chat with The Happy One regarding Seeds her phone number is Tel ***** ****** (edited by Admin)

Good Luck
KGAdmin
Site Admin

Hi all.

Firstly apologies - there has been some confusion over this, dispite our best efforts to ensure such a simple offer goes without any problems.

MARK (and all) If you are ordering a SINGLE ISSUE ONLY - via our Mortons-secure website
( https://mortons-secure.com/single.asp?title=kg )
and there is a problem, please ring: 01507 529300

DO NOT RING 01778 3920301. This number is for Warners who are dealing with subscriptions only.

The single issue / FREE seeds offer was just being offered by Mortons.

Anyone who has ordered a single issue from us and not gotten seeds, drop me a line at [email protected] with the ST Reference given in the confirmation email you received and I'll pop you some seeds in the post right away.

Best,

Jason Williams
Kitchen Garden Magazine
nog
KG Regular

Yep I got my seeds today, Carrot "Early Nantes 2" and Basil. Both of which I use so they are in my seed box. And I got my first Private Message from Jason Mr Admin. So I am a happy bummy now.
So I will add a :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic