Will ye no come back again?

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

John
KG Regular

I still log in most days to check on things - haven't posted for a while though.

John
Last edited by John on Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Compo
KG Regular

After months of absence I have just put a query on best practices section. Sorry I have been neglecting, been a busy year sadly with bereavements to deal with. Having passed through that now, and also engaged in a new hobby. (I bought a canadian open canoe) I am now focussing on the plot so will try and look in again more often.

So am saying 'Hi to everyone' and will hope to boost the conversation buzz again in the near future

Compo

PS Just off to the plot its 9.30 am cold and murky but soon will have the kettle and on and start work
If I am not on the plot, I am not happy.........
The Grock in the Frock
KG Regular

hello,im back,thought i would just have a look and c how u all are xx
Love you lots like Jelly Tots
peter
KG Regular

So the nunnery wasn't for you then Grock?
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Now there is someone to brighten a Sunday night, sorry, i don't mean you Peter. :)

How are you Grockie?
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Monika
KG Regular

Hello, Grockie, long time no see! Do join in again!
Elaine
KG Regular

I'm still here on and off but haven't had much to say. My Mam has been very ill and it's been all doom and gloom .
xx
Happy with my lot
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Elaine, sorry to read your Mum has been so ill, emotional times indeed.

jane E
KG Regular

Well Alan, I think you achieved what you wanted! You've brought some of us out of the woodwork and made us post.
Elaine
KG Regular

Thank you dear OH. My mam had a massive stroke in August and we didn't think she would survive it. She has amazed us all. Though she has improved, she will never be as she was, as the brain injury was horrific. :(
Happy with my lot
Catherine
KG Regular

Hi everyone, I am also sorry not to have posted for some time, I have also been busy with lots of things. Holiday in the Cotswolds first week in October and a week in the Lake District last week.

Sorry to hear you are still having Chemo Mike, with not hearing you mention it for a while I had hoped you had finished with your treatment. Thinking of you and please keep positive. :)

I have picked some of our last leeks,today I have still got curly kale, tuscan kale, cabbages, brussels sprouts, turnips, swedes, last but not least ruby chard bright lights.

Will make more of an effort now to check in and see what is happening. :D
Catherine
KG Regular

Sorry to hear about your mum Elaine, hope you are ok and and your mum is recovering.
Catherine
KG Regular

Hi Compo, how did you get into the Canadian canoe, my OH and I are also very keen to do this and wondered if you had some training before buying or did you just buy and go from there.

We have just come back from a week in the Lakes and discussed getting either two canoes (single) or a a canadian canoe and see if we can stay friends or married long enough to manage to canoe together long enough to enjoy doing this. :wink:

Quite a few years ago we canoed on the Zambezi River just above Victoria Falls in a double canoe with an experienced tour guide with a gun in case of hippo attacks and we so loved doing it, but did fall out as to who was paddling properly. :lol:
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

Dear Catherine, your post was worth waiting for. :lol: :)

Think you should be alright from Hippo attacks in this country. :wink:

Catherine
KG Regular

Hopefully OH, my OH is looking into canadian canoes as I type :) Nice to be back... :D
We called into the Heyes Garden Centre in Ambleside this week and I had my usual fix of buying seeds... My OH thinks I need to book into the Priory to deal with my addiction.... (seeds that is) :lol: I now have two large boxes of seeds. Anything I see that I have not grown before I feel I need to buy...... I have the same problem with cookery books. :oops:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic