water

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

richard p
KG Regular

i was sent this today, www.execonn.com/sf/
mandylew
KG Regular

thats awful!, makes me wonder what I was doing to my baby heating her milk in the microwave :shock:

Mandy
peat
KG Regular

One of the lists I am on, mainly in US, is also challenging people to give up using their microwaves. Some of the members have reported over the years that their health has improved by not using microwaves. They say that their digestion improved, when they started using microwaves again their problems came back, so they got rid of their microwaves.
Pete
skype me on pmrout
"To be a successful farmer, one must first know the NATURE of the SOIL" Xenophon , Oeconomicus 400 B.C.
Jenny Green
KG Regular

That's very strange. I'd be interested to read a physicist's or chemist's explanation for the phenomenon.
Hubby works with electronics and won't have a microwave in the house. He says they all leak microwaves, the older models are worse though.
I remember once I took some daffodils into work to brighten up the office and stupidly put them on top of the microwave. They died within 2 or 3 days!
Allan
KG Regular

Without proper investigation it's impossible to tell what caused the problem. It is an established fact that microwaves do not heat the whole target equally, the bottom and sides could have remained cool and unsterilised, OTOH the boiled water by the very act of boiling stirs itself so that all parts would be equally sterile.
Also the results on one plant in each manner was hardly true scientific investigation.
Allan
nog
KG Regular

Also how long was the water boiled for and was the temprature measured.

When we had a pub the Envirmental Health used to come round every 3 months and they had a "plastic" block that they used to test the Microwaves door seals with, it used to glow in microwaaves they userd to put the unit on and sweep it over the unit to see if it leaked.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic