List your pet hates...

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

Stravaig
KG Regular

I'm hoping this might be therapeutic rather than getting anyone wound up. What are your pet hates?

Mine are:

People who are holier than thou, stupid people and jobsworths. (I've been surprised recently in supermarkets and other public places how much kinder people seem to be since the pandemic. It's very pleasant.)

Badly cooked food. Gee, I hate expensive and nasty - I much prefer cheap and cheerful. We don't eat out very often because I'll usually say that I could make better at home. :lol: As for fast food chains, the last time I went into a certain famous place is something that might belong in a history book of last century's popular culture.

And the biggie - BAD DRIVERS! People who zoom up your @rse instead of waiting for a suitable time to simply overtake you, even though you're driving at the speed limit. Don't you know it's a limit not a target, you moron? Then, if you're unfamiliar with the territory and aren't sure where you should be, they drive right up your @arse and BIB, BIB, BIB, on the horn to completly freak you out. I would like to retaliate by taking out an AK 47 and making them feel bad too.

Disclaimer: I don't own any kind of weapon and have no intention of killing anyone. I do not believe it is a crime to despise an idiot driver.
Westi
KG Regular

Blimey Stravaig those bad drivers really do annoy you! :)

* People who don't say thank you - not specifically to me but generally to anyone. I will exclude the very old folk on the bus who are obviously totally shocked when some younger person offers them their seat.

* Salesmen of any type. The way they assume you have not researched what you need & try to sell you something else usually much more expensive!

* Repetitive ads on TV with really bad actors or has beens on every single ad break over & over again. Add to this the BBC advertising themselves.

* The supermarkets changing their product placements so you wander around aimlessly looking for what you want. I might fall in the anorak bracket, but my shopping list is in row order of the supermarket & it irks me so much especially when you can't find a staff member to point you in the right direction.

I could go on & on but best stop as only winding myself up! ;)
Westi
peter
KG Regular

Anyone on an allotment site who inflicts their choice of sport or music on surrounding plots.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
retropants
KG Regular

drivers who no longer think it cool to use their indicators, I would say this number is growing rapidly.

my neighbour but one who, as soon as it is warm enough, has a stereo in his garden blasting euro-techno for hours on end, when I'm trying to listen to the birdsong or my audio book.
snooky
KG Regular

Foxes.
Earthing up potatoes.
Indian call centres and automated answering services.
Grumpier old men than me!!!
Regards snooky

---------------------------------
A balanced diet is a beer in both hands!
WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion
Shallot Man
KG Regular

snooky. I feel when you are in your eighty's you are entitled to be grumpy.
oldherbaceous
KG Regular

I was furious once, when cook burnt my toast…. :)
Kind Regards, Old Herbaceous.

There's no fool like an old fool.
Stravaig
KG Regular

Gosh, yes, OH. I once had a servant who stole some of my cigars. :x I didn't care that much but a colleague sacked him for doing that which meant that I had to do stuff for myself for several weeks afterwards - like wipe my own bum, wash my own clothes, oh and all for the sake that he nicked a couple of cigars.

Anyway, I'm not so bothered about pet hates right now because my husband has suggested taking me out to Yo! Sushi later. (Maybe he just wants to shut me up..) OK, it's not the best restaurant in the world, but pretty good in my opinion. :D
Primrose
KG Regular

People who play loud radios or music in their gardens destroying my peace
Drivers using mobile phones whilst driving
Doctors surgeries who never have any free appointments
Govt depts still working from home who never respond to enquiries
Bad manners

I could go on..........! And on.......,!
Monika
KG Regular

Do you know, I have been racking my brain to think of something I really hate (life is too short to spend much time on hating), but I have come up with something: dropping litter and leaving dog poo ......
robo
KG Regular

Spitting chewing gum out so as it’s there for some unsuspecting sole to tread in it . Spitting in general , dog shit spreading by not removing what your dog has left
Geoff
KG Regular

Any mention of Civil Engineering projects and their cost.

The ludicrously expensive rail line that partially opened yesterday years late massively over an already generous budget brings it into focus again.

They can’t deliver anything at a sensible price. The distribution costs of energy and communications; building costs of new infrastructure like roads, railways, hospitals and power stations; maintenance costs of the road network; are a few examples, I could go on. Can’t build enough houses at sensible prices because of the way they inflate land costs. Technical incompetence building things that don’t work properly or are dangerous, like the cladding scandal and being unable to fill potholes in a way that lasts.

It is an industry that is simply not fit for purpose and is ruining our economy and our lives in so many ways.
Stephen
KG Regular

Netting -I need it but hate it. It is pretty much impossible to manage vegetable and fruit growing without it but it is a flipping nuisance when you are walking past it, there is always something which snags on it, the plants grow into it, it is a pain to fold and store, it is a pain weeding around or past it... It doesn't even look nice.

Those who don't cultivate their plot (see past posts). Although this isn't hate so much as contempt.

I agree with Geoff about the inability, or really unwillingness, of the developerers of major projects of several kinds to be honest or accurate on their costings and projections. Good maintenance before new development.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Cassy0110
KG Regular

I don't really like pigeons
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic