Metaldahyde slug treatments.

A place to chat about anything you like, including non-gardening related subjects. Just keep it clean, please!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter, Chief Spud

peter
KG Regular

Everyone aware that there's only one month to go before these are illegal to sell?
Then one year until they're illegal to use?

Don't be tempted by the bargin prices in DIY Sheds st the moment.

The Metaldahyde active ingredient is toxic to mammals & birds as well as slugs and is incredibly difficult to remove from drinking water. Our local water company did a PR visit yo the Town Council Allotment Site Agents meeting last year and the graph of detection over their area had a whopping great spike in the spring.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Westi
KG Regular

I did use them until this campaign, I started with the blue things , but early on I changed to organic pellets as never knew this before! Only question is how do you stop those that don't understand the harm that could be done (or can only afford the discounted prices)? This is not a fad but real evidence that those critters that rely on the slimy things for dinner suffer more? This campaign needs more exposure! But has to be graphic & upsetting - our control button is desensitised!
Westi
Stephen
KG Regular

I will have to check what is in the pellets I have in the shed.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic