Thai Red Curry Prawn Pasta

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Catherine
KG Regular

This is fab but again I have adapted it from a low GI recipe book.

Toss 500g large prawns (this makes enough for 4 people) in 1 or 2 tsp Thai red curry paste until well coated, cover and chill for at least 2 hours or up to 8 hours. (I have done these and only left them for half an hour and it still works)

Chop courgettes, red onion, green pepper, (or any other veggies you might have in I have used broccoli and cauliflower before), with a couple of cloves of garlic. Fry gently till almost cooked.

In another frying pan add 1 tin chopped tomatoes, 180mls white wine, (I have also done this without the wine when I did not have any) zest and juice of 1 good lime, bring to the boil and reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce reduces and thickens, about 8 mins. Stir in the veggies and prawns and allow to heat through.

In the meantime cook 180g linguine or spagetti, more or less depending how many you are cooking for.

Just before the pasta is ready add 2 good tables spoons of greek yoghurt or Creme fresh to your veggie mix to make it creamy, test for seasoning, then drain the pasta put it back in the pasta pan and stir the sauce into the hot pasta, mix well and serve with some grated parmesan.

It sounds long winded but once you have made it you will make it more often and adapt it like I did, it does not take long but get the sauce almost ready before you start the pasta.

I have also steamed some broccoli and added that to the pasta when the sauce is added.