Tomato Crisps

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

I've not seen this recipe before so trying it tomorrow! This is for oven cooking but apparently you can do it in a dehydrator if you have one adjusting the time appropriately.

* Heat oven to 90C or 200F.
* 6 cups of finely sliced beefsteak toms tossed in 2 tab of olive oil. (I won't be doing this much as I've only got 2 large trays & very large beefsteaks).
* Put on trays not touching.
* Mix 2 teaspoon sea salt, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 tablespoons parsley & 2 tablespoons parmesan finely grated & sprinkle on the toms. (If I use dried parsley this mix should keep for another batch).
* Bake 4 - 5 hours until crispy. (A long time but such a low temp should not impact too greatly on the smart meter, but I will be checking).

I'll feed back tomorrow.
Westi
Westi
KG Regular

Well it mostly worked. The thinner they are sliced the better the result & the sprinkle on mix gives a nice flavour. Smart meter only showed 1 bar so energy efficient. Some of the toms I used were ones with a few marks that I cut out but these were the least successful as the ones with the skin all around were the really crispy ones.

I've still got loads of beefsteaks to ripen so I will make these again.
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

I,m a huge crisp fanatic Westi so wil be wanting to give this a try. Sadly none of our homegrown tomatoes left this year now so it will have to be a delayed pleasure.with a large tomato variety rather than a beefsteak.
Westi
KG Regular

Glad you responded Primrose, I completely forgot about these & I really have to use the last few beefsteaks as they are going a bit soft.
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic