rasberry vodka

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

tracie
KG Regular

2lb rasberrys
2lb sugar
2pints of vodka.

Put rasberrys into large plastic box and mash up a bit with a potato masher, then add sugar and Vodka and stir.

Put lid on box and stir every day for 3 weeks till sugar disolved, mixture is a fantastic colour.

After about 3 weeks strain through muslin bag and bottle.

Fantastic!!!
who needs the gym when you have an allotment
MrsL
KG Regular

Don't forget - use the raspberries in the trifle.............. 8) :D

I make mine in a Kilner jar; try it earlier in the year with wild strawberries - that's a really good one. Or yellow rasoberries .........
mrs l
KG Regular

Tracie the recipe for your raspberry vodka has tempted me to have a go at making , but I was wondering if it mattered where you keep the box the 3weeks you have to stir it.
tracie
KG Regular

Hi,

I Have kept my box in the microwave, so that every day I see the micro and remember to stir my brew, which having taisted it today is meggaaaaaaaa.

hope this helps :D
who needs the gym when you have an allotment
mrs l
KG Regular

Thanks Tracie, Iwas wondering if it had to be kept in the dark or not. Good idea about the microwave, I'll do that. When I stirred it this morn I licked the spoon after and now I can't wait till I can drink it. Thanks again for your help.
peter
KG Regular

Sieved mine last week.
Sadly when the bottle was full there was still some dripping from the sieve, so I weighted it, to ensure the waste wasn't too sloppy and ended up having to drink some.

It was clearer that what ran freely, which is now starting to clear and tasted too good. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! hic.
Do not put off thanking people when they have helped you, as they may not be there to thank later.

I support http://www.hearingdogs.org.uk/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic