sausage making

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

lez
KG Regular

Hello all,
I wonder how many have made and are still making thier own sausages. I fancy having a go but wondered about purchasing equipment etc. Any information would be welcome as a search on the web brought conflicting advice.

thans to all
Lez
John
KG Regular

Hello Lez
Several years ago I bought a sausage making kit, mainly for the electric mincer. I have to say that we never did get around to making any bangers with kit that came with the mincer!!! I can thoroughly recommend the mincer though. Its the one on this page called the FW 2684:

http://www.sausagemaking.org/acatalog/E ... ncers.html

I didn't buy from these people - can't find the firm I got my machine from - perhaps they aren't in business anymore? The mincer is very sturdy and really useful for finishing off the Sunday joint to make shepherd's/cottage pie or rissoles. I've also used it with good quality fresh meat, to make superb burgers. The mincer is obviously european but comes with an adapter plug fitting.

Hope this is of some help.

John

PS Good tip I got from my local butcher is to pass the mince through the machine for a second time as this helps to bind it all together and stops it falling apart on cooking.
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Binky
KG Regular

Osney Lodge Farm in Godstone does all things for sausages: www.sausagemaker-uk.com - you can order on-line.

I use the mincer attachment on my food mixer but bought a sausage stuffer. I also buy the casings from them.

They also do sausage-making courses - just a one-day event, but it was fun.
lez
KG Regular

Many thanks Binky and John. I will have a look and see what's about. From what I have seen so far it's an expensive initial set up so hope I get on with it ok.
cheers now
Lez
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic