Buffet - help!

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

haggis
KG Regular

I am planning on having an all-day sort of open-house buffet/party thingy next month. (My wee boy is 4 and before his own dinosaur party I really need to have a granny & granda/aunty/uncle/cousins etc etc day - can't cope with both toddlers and rellies at the same time). I need some food inspiration - to cater for all age groups. I would like something a bit different from the usual finger food and salads - preferably stuff that can be made the day before. Any suggestions?
Thanks, in anticipation!
Haggis
retropants
KG Regular

hiya haggis!
This goes down well at my parties (oo, get her!! :lol: )
I slice ciabbatta bread into small canape sizes, spread a little pesto (red or green) a slice of fresh mozzarella and a sliver of roasted pepper on top and a sprig or sprinkle of basil! Yum!
hope you have a super party!
Emma :D
retropants
KG Regular

just remebered this one too....
pitted green olives, chopped red chili, sliced garlic cloves (obout 2 to a jar of olives) a few segments of fresh lemon and mixed italian herbs. Pop in a tupperware tub overnight. deee-lish! :)
haggis
KG Regular

Emma

Thanks for the ideas - the canapes sound ideal and I love roasted peppers!

If this rotten weather continues I think I will have to make a big pot of soup and leave that on the hob all day. It has been just like winter this weekend.
Cheers
Haggis
alia
KG Regular

is it too late to add ideas? (and happy birthday to your son! mine turned 4 in april. :)

deviled eggs were one of the first "grown up" foods i was allowed to help make, so i have a special fondness for them. if your boy likes to help in the kitchen, he can smoosh the filling ingredients together while you do the grown up stuff. ;>

boil eggs
shell, slice lengthways
blend yolks with random contents from fridge (mayonnaise, lemon juice, cream cheese. have had rave reviews when experimented with cranberry mustard. red peppers, parsley, shredded carrot. whatever)
refill eggs (with or without 4 yr old help)
optional: dash of paprika over the plated eggs.

(hey, if you want to do this for the kids, you could maybe even add green dye to the eggs and claim they're dinosaur eggs. though that would freak out my kid, yours might not be as hidebound.)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic