Swiss chard and courgette cannelloni

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

vivienz
KG Regular

I sauteed some finely diced courgette, leek, carrot and chard stems in a bit of olive oil, added a little crushed garlic and a splash of white wine. Once it was almost soft, I added the shredded chard leaves (lucullus and rhubarb chard). Allow to cool and mix into some ricotta cheese with grated nutmeg, a bit of grated parmesan and season well.
Roll up in a lasagne sheet (or you can make your own fresh pasta, whatever suits), place into an ovenproof dish and cover in your favourite jar of tomato sauce (or make your own). Sprinkle a bit more parmesan over the top, then bake at 180C for 30 minutes. Serve with a green salad and a glass of your favourite red medicine. Tasty.
No exact quantities given as it's wholly dependent on your veg, but once you've sauteed the veg mix, it freezes really well so left overs won't go to waste. Use it in the same recipe or stir into a basic tomato sauce to make a nice vegetable sauce.
HelenH
KG Regular

Ooh, that really does sound delicious. I will be trying that for one of our veggie meals this week. I haven't grown any chard this time. Is it too late to sow some?
vivienz
KG Regular

HelenH wrote:Ooh, that really does sound delicious. I will be trying that for one of our veggie meals this week. I haven't grown any chard this time. Is it too late to sow some?

No, Helen, you can still sow chard. I may well do some more in modules so that I can overwinter a bit in the greenhouse as well as the plants in the raised bed outside.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic