Courgette Recipes

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Westi
KG Regular

Hi

Mooching around and found this site with some different things you can do with courgettes / Zucchini's if anyone interested.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/christinebyrne/ ... .hlwYKZ5OP

I now get e-mails from them with lots of interesting things to do with the gluts we all get, not to mention their general stuff! Can't wait for their tomato ones!

Westi
Westi
PLUMPUDDING
KG Regular

I've tried quite a few of these in the past and they are usually very good.
I've got my eye on the blueberry and zuccini cake with lemon butter icing :D
robo
KG Regular

My grandaughter who is 10 years old brought part of a cake she baked to our house last night it was really good she got the recipe from here http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/cour ... e-frosting
Primrose
KG Regular

Westi - thank you for the courgette weblink. There are some interesting recipes on there.
But today is a Whooppee celebration day - unusually we have no courgettes lurking in the fridge salad tray waiting to be eaten !! :lol:
Westi
KG Regular

Not for long I suspect Primrose! :D

Westi
Westi
Catherine
KG Regular

I've got a recipe for courgette and chocolate cake and when I made in a couple of years ago (we don't eat cake normally but were expecting visitors) I didn't tell them what it was made from until after they had all eaten it and said it was fabulous.
LindaKaufman
KG Regular

Thanks, and I like cooking zucchini pancakes, they turn out tender and juicy
Lina Sazhina
KG Regular

Thank you, I tried "Flourless Chocolate Zucchini Muffins", very tasty !!
Westi
KG Regular

I have also been on Pinterest - do NOT try the zucchini/courgette recipe using croissant pop tubes as a base. Soggy & basically hideous! Even the dog was not impressed but she did eat it hidden in her dinner but it took enthusiasm & squeaky high pitched Yum Yum talk from me! :)
Westi
Hadex
KG Regular

My two favourite recipes with courgettes is creamy courgette lasagne (I think in BBC Good Food) and courgettes halved, the seeds scooped out (Maybe put them in a soup so not to waste) and then baked, then pour over a spicy meat sauce (I used lamb mince) then bake again with cheese on top. Was delicious.
Primrose
KG Regular

My two courgette plants have contracted a massive dose of mildew. Most of the leaves are now covered in it . I'm not sure whether I should be disappointed or just totally grateful!
Westi
KG Regular

Mine have done the same Primrose, well technically my 2 green ones, the yellow one is not so infected! Thankfully I let one of the green courgettes make it to nearly a marrow as ow I've got to have a biggin to stuff & roast! It's just something you have to do to mark the season at ours!
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic