Tasty Green Bean salad

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

robo
KG Regular

Welcome to the forum withorn red ,any thing with nuts and feta has to be nice
Diane
KG Regular

Like the sound of that recipe, thank you.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
Westi
KG Regular

Who doesn't have too many of any veg when we grow? I like the sound of this as had disasters from some recipes I've seen as too much oil, but this dressing seems more balanced! Liking the feta & the crunch of nuts as well - got to have too try it -when I have beans obviously! :)

Welcome to the forum btw & keep posting recipes to use our nurtured crops, especially courgettes/zucchini! x
Westi
Elmigo
KG Regular

This is amazing, thank you very much! I was just wondering what to do with all my beautiful green beans...
Stephen
KG Regular

I'll try this when the beans crop.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Primrose
KG Regular

I will try this with my French beans.......if I get any! The plants are looking so miserable in all this rain that I'm beginning to fear the worst!
Primrose
KG Regular

Cooked green beans also make a nice salad when mixed with wafer thin sliced raw baby courgettes, some chopped parsley and coated with a lemon juice and olive oil dressing. The young courgettes can be sliced crossways or peeled lengthwise with with a potato peeler.

Lengthwise courgette strips can also be successfully mixed in with stir fries. Got to reduce the courgette mountain somehow!

(When I grew too many plants I used to chop up the surplus courgettes into tiny pieces and dig them back into my dry soil as a sort of mini moisture retentive mulch !
Westi
KG Regular

I have finally got some French beans, how I would like to know as the mother plants are lucky to be 6" tall, (taking their dwarf name literally)! But nice little tender green & yellow beans. First tastings were traditional boiled with a meal so now I am looking forward to trying some of your ideas & making the most of salads for the anticipated ate summer!
Westi
Primrose
KG Regular

The climbing French Bean season is a relatively short oneso we often like to eat them as a main course salad, rather than accompanying them with meat or poultry so that we can appreciate their flavour & texture. Served up with suggestions like this, accompanied by some crusty bread and perhaps a glass of vino is really to appreciate them at their best. And of course very healthy too, which always ticks a desirable box !
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic