Risotto

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Stephen
KG Regular

I have come to the conclusion that the traditional method of cooking this as a one-pot dish is not the rightapproach.
After a couple of issues with trying to follow the recipes, I'm going to stick to cooking the ingredients separately from the rice, then combine before serving.
I'll also ignore the last receipe I found for butternut squash risotto, which advocated pureeing a portion of the roasted squash, too fidley, nor so good to eat.
After these not-up-to scratch, I created a butternut squash, caramalised onion and pine-nut risotto which the undergardener loved. :D
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
Diane
KG Regular

That sounds absolutely scrumptious.
'Preserve wildlife - pickle a rat'
robo
KG Regular

If you want one pot cooking try chips an egg cook your chips then drop your egg in the hot fat ,still my wife's favorite meal :mrgreen:
Westi
KG Regular

Good idea! The simmering pot of stock is the one to watch constantly, but busy stirring the Risotto. I like the Knorr stock pots for taste but I hate the flecks of carrot in them so leave them away from Risotto, but great for casseroles & stews! Got to have the wine in for the umami. I do make my own stock as well kept in the freezer for when only a risotto will do!
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic