A recipe for anything

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

mvnorwood
KG Regular

Two great widgets to instal on your dashboard are 'Dashcook' and 'All recipes'.

Simple call up the dashboard, type in your ingredient, eg: pumpkin and then be inspired.

You can also type in a specific dish like pumpkin soup or pumpkin pie or pumpkin fritters.

I use them all the time when I'm suffering from a 'glut'!

They are both free downloads from here:

http://www.apple.com/uk/downloads/dashboard/
John
KG Regular

Hello
Dashboard seems to be for Macs only.
I have Allrecipes (http://allrecipes.com/) on my bookmarks. Its a US home cooking site. There are masses of recipes there and they are all rated by members. The recipes though are all very american - loads of cups of sugar, masses of shortening and so on and so not always to our tastes. Some ingredients mentioned are not so easy to find over here but its easy to improvise. The recipes are usually for large quantities but can be scaled to suit more modest needs and converted from cup and spoon sizes to metric if you want.
A great site though with lots of interesting ideas.

John

PS These american recipes with cup and spoon measurements are so easy to use. Why do we persist in this country in laboriously measuring everything in ounces (or grams) on weighing scales or using silly fluid measures as though our recipes require great accuracy or else you're heading for certain disaster.
mvnorwood
KG Regular

If you are stuck using a PC and don't have access to the Mac's dashboard then I believe there is also a dashcook website.

As a widget the dashcook widget is more reliable than the all recipes one.
valmarg

When we have a glut of any crop, we type in (whatever it is we have a glut of) ie courgette recipes into the Google (or any other) search engine. This usually brings up loads of sites.

Also when wanting help on growing particular crops, ie tomatoes, just type in the word tomatoes into the search engine.

If you want help growing melons though, you have to be a bit more specific than just typing in the word melons. It seems to be more to do with women's chests than galias or honeydews!!!!

Best wishes for a bumper growing and cooking year in 2006.

valmarg
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic