Looking for traditional duck stew in red wine recipes

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Alexander_wooden801
KG Regular

Hi,

I want to impress my wife by cooking something special for her birthday next week. I was thinking about coq au vin, beef bourguignon... she loves French dishes but at last I think a duck stew with red wine is much easier than anything else to prepare or not :roll: It is the first time I prepare it that's why I need your help. Thanks for sharing short and clear recipes.
alan refail
KG Regular

A good idea!

Take your pick from the recipes in this link.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=duck+ ... e&ie=UTF-8
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Karmina
KG Regular

You'd better try this one, it is quick and simple : http://www.delicesandgourmandises.co.uk ... rmandises/
You can also google the recipe as Alan suggested above. There are plenty of recipes you can find on google. Good luck!
sweet31
KG Regular

My sister used to try Delices and Gourmandises recipes very often and they worked out perfectly. They offer great and original recipes but if you want, you can find thousands of recipes on youtube too.
Alexander_wooden801
KG Regular

Hi,

Thanks a lot guys for your advices and recipe.I googled "duck stew in red wine" two days after posting here and I found many recipes which were all interesting but the one who seemed easy for me and it happens to be was the one from BBC, it is quite similar to Delices and Gourmandises' recipe. Karmina, I thought this brand never shared recipes but they do.
OscarSidcup
KG Regular

which ever recipe you do - if you do a stew, do it the day before and just reheat on the night. One it will save you time on the day to do other stuff, but two, over that day waiting, the meat will tenderise and all the juices will fuse into something quite magical.
Bon appetit
Nature is simply amazing
Instagram: @frankinkent
majoys
KG Regular

I also get some recipes from this post. Thanks guys :)
Westi
KG Regular

Welcome majoys!

Share away any recipes you love, been quiet on here for a bit! Don't have anything interesting to do with Mooli do you? Been a bit successful this year with it, but can only find pickled (quite nice actually) or batons in stir fries for crunch. I do throw it in stews & the stuff as they soak up all the juices but there truly has to be something more special to do with it.

Westi
Westi
alan refail
KG Regular

There are 726 recipes for daikon = mooli here!

https://cookpad.com/uk/search/daikon
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Westi
KG Regular

Your the main man Alan!

My little filling the gaps with a few seeds has had astounding results this year, not about to waste them!

Cheers Westi
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic