Vegan recipe ideas (please)

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

alan refail
KG Regular

Pleased to hear that. The leek recipe was the only one I had not made myself.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
alan refail
KG Regular

Don't forget to let us know, in due course, how the veganfest was received.
Cred air o bob deg a glywi, a thi a gei rywfaint bach o wir (hen ddihareb Gymraeg)
Believe one tenth of what you hear, and you will get some little truth (old Welsh proverb)
Pawty
KG Regular

Well, that was awesome... Great food, great friends and way too much wine!

So, here was the menu:

Aperitivo - aperol with bowls of almonds and pistachio from Sicily

Antipasto - broadbean pea and mint crostini, tomato basil shallot crostini, artichoke hearts, padrona ... And mixed meats

Primo - Linguini with leeks and lemon

Secondo - For the vegans baked cauliflower with smoked paprika and tomato, pork serloin for the meat eaters, served with sides of kale, borlotti beans and chestnuts

Insalata - Fennel and orange salad

Dolce - Peaches and raspberries with basaltic viniger, basil and mint

Dolce - Tiramisu (not vegan) with amaretto liqueur

Formagi - Many cheeses (not vegan) with home made bread (vegan) and home grown chutneys

Coffee and chocolate (from etna)

Digestive - Home made limoncello (ok not from the allotment but from lemons from a friends mums place in Italy)

And every course featured some veg from the allotment - or at least home grown. We are incredibly lucky that my husbands parents have an English vineyard which we work on sometimes - so we an honestly say that the wine was home grown!

I may be washing up for a while ..... And sleep........
Westi
KG Regular

Very Impressive Pawty!

Glad you had a great time! If you are called on to do it again you at least have a great recipe source in Alan!

Westi
Westi
obalouafi
KG Regular

Thanks alan refail and everyone for the vegan recipes , that really helped me out
http://dessertshome.com
LindaKaufman
KG Regular

Share experiences.
I cooked my daughter carrot salad, ate with pleasure, although she usually does not like vegetable salads.
You will need:
4 carrots grated
1-2 tablespoons rains
1-2 tablespoons dried cranberries
1-2 tablespoons shredded coconut
1-2 tablespoons pecan chopped
1-2 tablespoons walnuts chopped
1-2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon oil of your choice
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste

How to cook:
Step 1
Combine all the ingredients in a glass salad bowl.
Step 2
Whisk together the dressing
Step 3
Pour over the salad and toss to coat
Step 4
Served immediately or leave in the bridge covered for up to 2 hours for flavors to meld

Done with a prescription https://club.cooking/recipe/best-carrot-salad/, there are still other kind of salads, but my daughter does not like them, so I made this)
Yock
KG Regular

A cheap'n'cheerful meal I sometimes do is what Mr LW has asked for tonight. I'm vegetarian, not vegan, but I think this would work if you use a vegetable based oil for frying the onion.

Tagliatelle with tinned toms and veggie sausages (you could use your Linda McC ones) - serves two.

Dice half an onion and fry in the bottom of a saucepan.
Cut four sausages of choice into small bite-sized chunks and add to the saucepan.
Add a helping of herbs of your choice, plus a good few shakes of black pepper (I have peppercorns in a grinder).
Add a tin of chopped tomatoes.
Heat it all through, stirring carefully.

While you're doing all this, prepare enough tagliatelle for two people (I think the pack suggests 75g per person) and cook in water as per pack instructions.

Drain tagliatelle, divide onto two plates, carefully put the tomato and sausage mix over the top.

You could ring the changes by substituting any chunky veggies that want using up for the sausages (may need to steam them first if they're root veg).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic