"full of veg" tomato sauce by Jamie Oliver

Delicious (we hope!) recipes from you the reader!

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Catherine
KG Regular

I have just made a huge pan of the above recipe.

I have made enough for 9 jars of sauce plus one which we ate tonight. Tonight I fried off several small courgettes, steamed some french beans and a red pepper hiding in the fridge and added them to the courgettes, added plenty of black pepper. Then I heated a portion of the sauce and cooked a large pan of pasta. Into the sauce when everything was ready I mixed a tablespoon or two of 0% greek yoghurt and a handful of parmesan cheese and drained the pasta and then mixed everything together. It was brilliant.

Please google "full of veg" tomato sauce on jamieoliver.com website. Well worth the small effort of cooking it. (we used our onions, leeks, courgettes and carrots as part of the recipe)
Westi
KG Regular

I've just bought his new book Every Day Superfood. (Just out & currently 1/2 price at WH Smith). Lots of new ideas to use up the fruit & vegetables from lottie. I haven't made anything yet as just finished looking through it but have earmarked loads that look good, & there are quite a lot of recipes in this book compared to some of his others he's brought out.

Westi
Westi
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic