STUFFED SQUASH

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Wellie
KG Regular

Hey Peeps,

If you have little individual sized squashes of whatever variety that, like me are visibly 'not going to store for too much longer' (that came out wrong! I'M GOING TO STORE FOR AGES, but the Little Gems aren't...)
Halve them, scoop out the seeds and roast them (or steam them) until 'only just' tender.
Then, make a dead easy peasy oven-baked Risotto (see Delia) for supper, but make twice the quantity. Stuff the only-just tender squash halves with the risotto mix and then FREEZE THEM ! DOH !
Really worth a go, they're delicious.
So far, I've done ones with Wild Mushroom & Dry Madeira Risotto, and ones with a Leek, Butternut & Sage Risotto.
The possibilities are 'endless'...
Wellie
lizzie
KG Regular

That sounds yummy Wellie. I'll give that one a bash. I've still got those squashes I got from you. I'm loath to cook them as it's a lovely reminder of a fab weekend with you, Paulie and JB.
Lots of love

Lizzie
sally wright
KG Regular

Dear All,
A word of warning, if you are planning to microwave squash (which BTW they do very well) it is VERY IMPORTANT that you pierce the squash right through to the hollow in the middle.
My neighbour forgot one day and blew the door off the microwave when the squash exploded. Michael Caine would have been proud of her!
Regards Sally Wright.

that sounds very good fun, might give it a go when wife out :twisted:

eggs explode in a similar manner
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic