Garlic Granules

General Cooking tips

Moderators: KG Steve, Chantal, Tigger, peter

Johnboy
KG Regular

Can any kind contributor advise me please.
I have a recipe that calls for garlic granules but says equal to two cloves so I bought a packet but it give no details as to how it should be used.
Being a mere man I an not very worldly in such matters.
What would be equal to one clove of Garlic in teaspoons full, level or half etc?
If I knew this I would then be able to work out how much to use.
JB.
WestHamRon
KG Regular

Take the granules back to the shop and chop up 2 cloves. :lol:
John
KG Regular

Found the answer on Waitrose site.
Granules are simply bits of dried garlic and 1/4 tsp of granules corresponds to 1 clove of garlic.
You can get cooking now!

John
The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men’s lives, the hours spent fishing Assyrian tablet
What we observe is not nature itself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning Werner Heisenberg
I am a man and the world is my urinal
Johnboy
KG Regular

Hi John,
Now why the hell didn't I think of that. Instead I phoned Morrisons help line and that was Last Friday morning and they said they would be back to me promptly and to date I have not heard from them.
I will write to them in the morning and tell them that Waitrose saved the day.
Thank you John I am indebted to you.
WestHamRon.
When a recipe calls for granules rather than fresh Garlic (of which I have plenty) then I use what is called for.
JB.
Granny
KG Regular

Hi Johnboy,
In principle I would normally agree, but feel that when a recipe calls for granules, stock cubes etc. they are generally aiming at people who either don't have easy access to the real thing or simply can't be bothered. I think you will be disappointed in garlic granules and would be much better off with fresh.
-------------
Granny
Johnboy
KG Regular

Morrison's Garlic Granules
Just thought I would let you know that I have received an answer from Morrison's this morning posted on December 24th. I made the enquiry on the 9th November. What a useless lot of wossers.
They say that there are 8 cloves to the teaspoon but I followed John's kind advice and everything was fine which was 4 to the teaspoon.
What I cannot understand is why the information is not on the carton.
JB.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic